Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Thoughts on the Lingenfelter GT2 Cam?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 02:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yelo
ICL and LSA CAN be the same.....but assuming that they ARE can cause you problems.....I never make that assumption, I ALWAYS like to know the LSA %100
I hear you. Who wants to do a cam install twice - once to install it, another time to degree it in properly after you find out it is not what you expected....

The Lingenfelter GT2 is actually very similar to the Cam Motion cam I ended up getting (205/212, .548/.540, 114+4), though because of the wider LSA, it would have a little less peak power than mine, spreading it out over more of the usable RPM range.

For the price the LPE cam is a really good deal. The issue I ran into, and what eventually led me to getting a custom ground cam, is the advance. I knew I wanted a 4-5 degree advance, and with a custom cam I could install it dot-to-dot. With the LPE GT2, I'd have to install it using a degree wheel, and this being my first cam install, I didn't want to have to deal with advancing the cam myself.

For those more confident using a degree wheel, I would highly recommend this LPE cam. I have gobs more power all the way from idle on up to 6K RPM's. I'll get a review out next week.