Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Throttle body spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 12:26 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

First thing I'd buy is some long tube headers with a Y pipe. Since you're from AL the pacesetters will probably work, although I still prefer a stainless header. I would get those installed and get a tune at the same time. Keep in mind the more mods you do the harder it is to tune remotely.

I have tuning software and work with wheatley, I have a lot of faith in him and his tuning ability. We work very closely together on my truck's tune to get is spot on.

If you plan to do a cam it may be worth while to drive a couple hours to Engine Power Systems and have a dyno tune done. His name is Geoff Skinner and he is located in Baton Rouge LA.

For all I know there could be someone closer, but Geoff knows his way around an LSx!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this your daily driver?

Post #10 by gamble686, is probably your best friend right now.

That being said, if I could do it all over again with my truck I would skip the BS, and go straight to gears, stalled 4l80e swap, Trick or KB turbo kit, and a dyno/street tune. With $700 a month to spend on a project, you'll be there in no time. NO build happens overnight, start looking at the project section, I learned so much by seeing how smarter men than I do things.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys. And i have dualpipes now and I like dual pipes if I keep dual pipes I should do a x pipe instead of a y pipe shouldn't I. That's way I figured out in my research.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Yes its my daily driver
Old 11-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Alright so I'm gonna start a new thread now with my build starting with what I'm ordering today. I would appreciate it if tall still gave me advice on it on the new thread. I've already ordered k&n CAI and now I'm fixin to order Pace Setter armor coated headers: primary tubes 1 3/4" and collector is 3". And Motive Gear ring & pinion 4.10 gears
Old 11-05-2013, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon Dawson
Alright so I'm gonna start a new thread now with my build starting with what I'm ordering today. I would appreciate it if tall still gave me advice on it on the new thread. I've already ordered k&n CAI and now I'm fixin to order Pace Setter armor coated headers: primary tubes 1 3/4" and collector is 3". And Motive Gear ring & pinion 4.10 gears
I love it 4.10s, and long tubes you are on the right track. Now you need to order a tune from Wheatley, Nelson, or blackbear unless you have plans to go to a local tuner. Honestly the K&N is a nice peice although a little more expensive than I like. eBay cold air intakes are like $55.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

I think I got a good deal on it it was $229.99 and I googled some promo codes and used them on auto anything and got it for $173
Old 11-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Is it simple to swap gears or do I need to get someone to do it.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would have someone else swap them out and set them up.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:19 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon Dawson
Is it simple to swap gears or do I need to get someone to do it.
if you need to ask, you need to have someone else do it. watch someone do it for you 2 or 3 times, then try to tackle the job yourself.

i would hold of on installing the gears until you get some kind of posi to install at the same time. no point in paying someone twice to do the same job. go ahead and order a yukon master install kit to go with everything so your entire rear end will be fresh.

Quick Reply: Throttle body spacers?