Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
View Poll Results: How my TB Port work?
Horrible...its ruined...
11.76%
ok..you could of done better.
17.65%
Pretty good, i'd put it on my truck.
58.82%
Professional grade..i'd buy one!
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Thruck throttle body Port work

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thruck throttle body Port work

Hey guys,

Well on the ever going quest to gain more horse power i decided to port & polish my throttle body. I cut half of the main shaft, razor edged the blade, and also cut the screws shorter. This all took me about 2 1/2 hours, i havent tried it out yet but i will tomorrow. Take a look at my pics and be honest is it good, ok, great, or just shi**y. I want to hear everyones opinion! Thanks people!

Brandon
Attached Thumbnails Thruck throttle body Port work-throttle-body-front-closed-1.jpg   Thruck throttle body Port work-throttle-body-open-side.jpg   Thruck throttle body Port work-throttle-body-front-closed-2.jpg   Thruck throttle body Port work-throttle-body-open-front.jpg   Thruck throttle body Port work-throttle-body-back.jpg  

Old 04-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Default Tried out Ported TB

Ok well i went out today and installed my new ported TB. When i started my car up, it immediatly reved to 1200rpm's and started to slowly tune its self and come back down to 600rpm's.

All i can say is wow i can really feel a difference actually. The throttle response is unbelivable and it picks up and goes much quicker in 1st and 2nd gear no noticable difference in 3ird and 4th. Overall experence, porting your TB yourself is completely worth it and its free. So im going to say this mode was my best bang for my buck.

Brandon
Old 04-25-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good. How did you get the plastic cover back on? I assume you removed it to cut the shaft. I plan on doing it myself too, any tips? Thanks
Old 04-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Actually i didnt remove the plastic cover. I removed the TB Blade and used a hacksaw blade to cut half of the shaft off. Took about 10min by hand. As for tips, get a dremel with 60 grit sanders and some beer to make your life easy.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Did you put some lock-tite on the throttleblade screws?
Old 04-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

I didnt have any thread lock so i used teflon tape to make sure the screws didnt come out, if teflon is good enough to hold up to 3000psi on my paintball gun, then i think its good enough for my throttle body. lol
Old 04-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Teching In

I Bought A Port Tb From S2 Performance And The Shaft Is Still In Complete Will It Help If I Remove Half Of The Shaft... S2 Performace Said The Shaft Will Not Make That Much Diffance... Is That True...
Old 04-26-2008, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS6_Silverado
I didnt have any thread lock so i used teflon tape to make sure the screws didnt come out, if teflon is good enough to hold up to 3000psi on my paintball gun, then i think its good enough for my throttle body. lol
Teflon is a thread sealant - not a thread locker. You might want to rethink it, those little screws do nasty things!

The port job looks good.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Yea it was a temporay hold I just wanted to put something on it so i could try it out on my truck. But yea this monday im going to go out and buy some. Thanks for the advice though!

As for the half shaft mod, shaners doesnt do it because you cant take apart the Drive by wire TB as easly as the drive by cables. Performance wise... I ported my entire TB before i cut the shaft and honestly with it just ported i could bearly feel a difference if any at all. Once i cut the shaft, razored the TB blade, and shortened the screws. Was when i felt a big difference in throttle response.

I weighed the shaft after i cut it off my TB also and it weighed 17grams. I dont know about this but ive read some where that doing the half shaft mod will increase 200cfm of airflow, but i have no idea if that is right.(someone correct me please) I hope this helps.

Brandon
Old 04-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Thanks Sounds Good... What Does It Take To Put A Knife Edge On The Blade?
A File Maybe? What About Computer Ajustments... I Know That When I Installed My S2 T.b., I Had To Mess With The Diablo To Get It Back Up To Where I Was... Much Better .... Thanks I Will Cut The Shaft And Knife The Blade Because I Will Be Adding A Cam Soon And I Will Need As Much Air As I Can Get...

Quick Reply: Thruck throttle body Port work