Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Tools List???Motor Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickvrebel
let me know what you don't have that I need to bring with me.

we'll need a torch to help with installing that underdrive pulley (using the "white1 method"), I'll look for his torch tonight if it's at the house

I'll also look for his metric gearwrench set.... using sockets and extensions for bellhousing bolts is for pussies 15mm gearwrench FTW!

There is only 3 torque converter bolts and your's could be anything - your torque conveter isn't factory. I think Matt has had Trox, Allen and hex headed bolts over the time... either way I have the sockets/bits that should take care of that, I also have a spare set of hex coverter bolts if there's a problem with them.
I won't know what we don't have until tonight prob.I'm gonna bring the truck to the shop and start with the small stuff like we talked about.Then i'll be able to ask we we do and don't have for sure.I'll let you know though.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

On a bigger cam heh, well whoever wants it can call dibs but i don't plan on goin back into the motor for a while.I honestly choose this cam because i ahve to DD the truck don't want higher than a 3000 stall and i tow everyday of the week.I may end up goin bigger but it won't be for a while i know that for sure.Not even because i'll be happy or not happy but because i'm out of money lol.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04
On a bigger cam heh, well whoever wants it can call dibs but i don't plan on goin back into the motor for a while.I honestly choose this cam because i ahve to DD the truck don't want higher than a 3000 stall and i tow everyday of the week.I may end up goin bigger but it won't be for a while i know that for sure.Not even because i'll be happy or not happy but because i'm out of money lol.
when i started my 6.0 its idled right at 650 no probs..it ran great off my 5.3 tune..it has only died twice..works just fine on the stall i got..so buy mine..please.. i want a bigger cam..
Old 10-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04

good luck call if you have any ?

and on a side note i would put the cam in with a 6.0 you will see little are no loss to bottom end cause of the tq they put out
Old 10-21-2006, 01:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by litreddevil
good luck call if you have any ?

and on a side note i would put the cam in with a 6.0 you will see little are no loss to bottom end cause of the tq they put out
Thanks man.We got a early start on it tonight.Got all the Headers bolts out.Changed the bad coil packs from the 6.0 out...just took the good ones form the 5.3 and did the swap.Removed the CAI battery idle pulley off 5.3 and on 6.0
Got the alt power streering and so on unbolted but gotta get some line wrenches in the moring to get the lines off the power streering pump.Shoudn't take but a few mins there.
Still alot left of course but it's a decent start in a couple hours plus the wait for the motor to cool.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:40 AM
9 Second Club

You don't have to disconnect the power steering pump, just unbolt the 5 or six bolts holding the acc bracket to the engine and lay it over to the side.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Banned

hey just to say make sure you unhook the motor mounts from the frame not from the motor call if any thing 985-859-4827 cell
Old 10-21-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be heading out there in a minute, I'll be sure to pass that info to him
Old 10-21-2006, 07:04 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Soooooooo while Ive been exploring the beaches and drinking Carona yall have gotten what done??????
Old 10-21-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by white1
Soooooooo while Ive been exploring the beaches and drinking Carona yall have gotten what done??????
A tid bit.....but still a ways away.
We pulled the 5.3 and got the 6.0 in there.The headers are bolted up but we got two wanting to cross thread on the driver side.Gonna have to mess with that a bit.We have the motor mounts in just not torqued down yet.
Basically we ahve to finish getting the bellhouseing bolts in and then do all the accerssories.Intake etc.
It's coming along.Basically Nick is the only one who knows whats goin on since Jeremy and myself ahve never done anything like this before.
So Nick i owe you a very veyr very BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
No way i could do this without your help!!!!Thanks bigtime man!!

Quick Reply: Tools List???Motor Swap