Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Tools List???Motor Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 07:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04
A tid bit.....but still a ways away.
We pulled the 5.3 and got the 6.0 in there.The headers are bolted up but we got two wanting to cross thread on the driver side.Gonna have to mess with that a bit.We have the motor mounts in just not torqued down yet.
Basically we ahve to finish getting the bellhouseing bolts in and then do all the accerssories.Intake etc.
It's coming along.Basically Nick is the only one who knows whats goin on since Jeremy and myself ahve never done anything like this before.
So Nick i owe you a very veyr very BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
No way i could do this without your help!!!!Thanks bigtime man!!
Good luck with those header bolts. I hope you dont have to break out the tap and die set like I had to
My problem bolts were the first and the last bolts on the drivers side.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VicRed
Good luck with those header bolts. I hope you dont have to break out the tap and die set like I had to
My problem bolts were the first and the last bolts on the drivers side.
luckily his are both in the center where they are easier to reach. we probably will run a thread chaser through it just to be sure. We have the motor and tranny mated up with a couple bolts in, it's all a matter of attaching the brazillion grounds and a few bolts here and there and it'll be complete.

We had an issue with the underdrive pulley that was on the 5.3, there is no where to wedge a pry bar in to stop if from spinning, the impact we had wasn't strong enough to do it by hand AND we didn't have any impact sockets to use... eventually we got creative with flex plate bolts and a prybar. Then the big 3-jaw puller wouldn't get it because there is no inside lip to grab. We got it off finally with a huge pulley puller (man said it was a $800 hydrolic unit, looked like a fancy bottle jack to me )
Old 10-22-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey nick if yall need anyhelp buttoning things up today just lemme know. Im bored off my ***.