Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

tr55 vs tr6

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tr55 vs tr6

6.0, not many modifications done except for a maggy cat back, CAI and blackbear tune. Little less than a year ago, right before my tune I threw in some tr6's and let the gap ride at I think .35, doubled checked each one. I was going to run juice, but a friend just had a bad experience with it sooo i'm leaning away from it. I'd rather build all motor down somewhere in the distant future, once its paid off. Being that the internals are all stock, should I switch to the tr55's gapped at .50, or .55? I've been reading some posts over at ls1tech and it seems that it might be the way to go since i'm nearly stock. I read here and there that the tr6 being colder will cost you some hp, not much but some and at less than $20 bucks for 8, why not try something different. I shouldn't say i'm going to build all motor. I'm mainly talking about long tubes and a cam. Thats it, its not a race truck, just want to be more suited pulling 10k+. Should i switch to the tr55s? I know this is debated a lot all over the place but I figured I would start here.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stranger ranger
6.0, not many modifications done except for a maggy cat back, CAI and blackbear tune. Little less than a year ago, right before my tune I threw in some tr6's and let the gap ride at I think .35, doubled checked each one. I was going to run juice, but a friend just had a bad experience with it sooo i'm leaning away from it. I'd rather build all motor down somewhere in the distant future, once its paid off. Being that the internals are all stock, should I switch to the tr55's gapped at .50, or .55? I've been reading some posts over at ls1tech and it seems that it might be the way to go since i'm nearly stock. I read here and there that the tr6 being colder will cost you some hp, not much but some and at less than $20 bucks for 8, why not try something different. I shouldn't say i'm going to build all motor. I'm mainly talking about long tubes and a cam. Thats it, its not a race truck, just want to be more suited pulling 10k+. Should i switch to the tr55s? I know this is debated a lot all over the place but I figured I would start here.
I'd just try the tr55's if I were you running NA, many guys have good results with those with cam and boltons. Guys normally go the Tr6 if you add heads into the equation or some kind of boost / nitrous.

I run the tr55's now in my cam,tune, LT headers only truck.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

There was a thread on here the other day with a guy who had a vmaxx change his plugs and to a much wider gap, said he gained all kind of power. Not sure on how true that is but hey, worth a shot i guess. Never knew plugs and gap made THAT much of a difference.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

did the change over on saturday and have not been able to really notice any difference, yet. I'm going to post up pictures of the tr6's however because they looked a little lean to me. We'll see.