Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

track times!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 09sierra6.2
well see i did some research and on drag time a guy ran 8.94 in 1/8 but ran a 13.8 in the 1/4 same truck but he has a intake! but ya i also tried all the calc. and all came up with that same mid to high 14 second 1/4! http://www.dragtimes.com/GMC-Sierra-Timeslip-13401.html guess the only way would be to take it to a quater mile drag but in arkansas theres not any that i know of... and on a converter what would be a good one that i could still tow a race car trailer loaded? without buring it up? 24ft trailer to be exact
I hate the calculators also..... these trucks seem to run harder on the big end and the calculators don't compensate for that.

The truck in the link was also running on 18's.....

As far as a stall for towing........ I am WAY too much of an armature to be giving detailed advice on Model and Brand of stall to choose....... sorry
Old 11-01-2010, 07:47 AM
On The Tree

ya thats why im asking! lol.... and ive got some 17's but didnt have time to throw them on, kinda wish i would have just see how much it would have helped! but o well i think my pocket book is gona get lighter bc im going to order me some headers and intake and see what happens! plus i got some dude in a 2010 dodge and a 08 titan that think they can blow my truck out of the water! my buddy that has another 08 titan says i can beat em but i think im gona try and build that change back up after i do the install of these parts!! then theres no doubt whats gona happen! would 17's help that much?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 09sierra6.2
ya thats why im asking! lol.... and ive got some 17's but didnt have time to throw them on, kinda wish i would have just see how much it would have helped! but o well i think my pocket book is gona get lighter bc im going to order me some headers and intake and see what happens! plus i got some dude in a 2010 dodge and a 08 titan that think they can blow my truck out of the water! my buddy that has another 08 titan says i can beat em but i think im gona try and build that change back up after i do the install of these parts!! then theres no doubt whats gona happen! would 17's help that much?

I've ran a 2010 Hemi CrewCab..... put bus lengths on him. He has raced several other Hemi's and is neck and neck or ahead of them. Dunno about the Titan but, I dont think you will have any problems. You should put BUS LENTHS on both of them. If it were the Toyota 5.7 then it will be close but, stock for stock, by the books, you are still faster!!

17's should give you several tenths
Old 11-01-2010, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

ya the dodge im not worried about at all!! the titan they tell me should be a good race but if thats so then hes got more than what he says bc i racedmy buddys titan and spank him stock with him fully bolted except headers.. ordered intake today, not next week but the next im ordering headers, then prolly have the exhaust all done!

QUESTION!! im ordering pacesetter headers for my truck, i kno they dont make a y pipe however i was wondering does anybody kno where i can get the mounting bracket for the cat back on the y side of the stock exhaust.. reason i ask is it ill prolly be 200+ for a custom 3" to be made to were i can buy the 3" made for the 4.8-6.0 for 150, so if i can get that bracket on the y side for cheap id be better to do that and still have it to where i dont have to cut my factory one.. i like to keep my stuff to were i can put it all back to stock if needed!

Last edited by 09sierra6.2; 11-01-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

If you can get a a real street tune from one of our sponsor ( i have a wheatley tune) it will def wake your truck up even more... it will be a 13 sec truck.. i ran a 14.1 @100 mph full weight gas tank, system, tailgate and 24's def has high 13's in her.. these engines are very detuned from factory
Old 11-01-2010, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

well i was going to do that however i have a gmc dealership that does dyno tunes and i kno the shop manager so im prolly gona get one from them and try it! plus they also have tranny tuning which i kno would wake the truck up a ton bc with just tq management reduced its actually prolly hurting it really bc its lazy at times. plus its only 30 min away and i dont have any down time exceot for when they have it plus the good thing bout dealer doing it means they will still work with you on warranty instead of telling you your screwed!

plus i kno a guy that has a z06 they did and it woke his car up from the grave! which being a ls7 it already kicked AS*

also where can i get some cheap high flow cats or resonators to try and keep it a little quiet i really dont want anybody to kno i but headers on and dont want my truck loud as hello

Last edited by 09sierra6.2; 11-01-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont know much but i have a friend that is doing 9.1s in the 1/8 and all he has is lt headers and a diablo tune.. so im assuming those headers will help.. but im sure a stall will be ur best option.. these trucks are heavy as hell... a small converter will help and wont be noticeable on daily driving.. just my 2cents..
Old 11-01-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

be careful on pulling torque management on the trans side. pulling too much will actually make it run slower.

rotating mass of certain gm factory 20's w/tires are lighter than the 17's with AT tires.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Area47
be careful on pulling torque management on the trans side. pulling too much will actually make it run slower.

rotating mass of certain gm factory 20's w/tires are lighter than the 17's with AT tires.

ya i didnt do it, the guy who did my custom tune over the internet did.. it runs better than it ever has but i kno with tranny adjustments and dyno tune from dealer has to be better! prolly tranny adj. alone would make a great difference! and i have aftermarket boss wheels and same goodyear eagle ls2 tires that suck btw! next tire will be a set of toyo's! idk what the 17's r there sitting in my shop off a 09 tahoe..