Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

tranny cooler install

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 11:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny cooler install

where are the lines for the cooler? are they the two hard lines going into the radiator with rubber hose in them or is it somewhere else? which one is the return line also, the top or the bottom????? not really sure about this?
Old 07-16-2003, 11:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: tranny cooler install

The two hard lines running into the radiator are the cooler lines.Run the top line from the radiator to your cooler and tie back into the hard line with the return line from your cooler,that runs both coolers in series.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Matt I'm glad you are getting one of those. I have 75K and I know if it wasn't for the cooler my tranny would be long gone. The top line is the return one that you will tap into. Just buy the fitting kit and one piece screws into the radiator with a generous amount of pipe joint compound from Home Depot on the threads so it won't leak. The other piece screws onto the hard line that came out of the radiator with more pipe joint compound. Then run the two hoses to the cooler. I used some 2.5 inch wire loom to protect the hoses where they touched the radiator support. Also when you get the grill off there is a brace running from left to right. I removed it and put the cooler on and then it barely fit back over without touching the cooler. Good luck man it will be easy.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, my first tranny is gone cuz of to much heat, and i figured before i put nitrous to the new one i'd try to cool it down a little. my pops use to tell me that every 20 degrees you cool one is 20k miles added to it's life.