Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Tranny Question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 02:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Question?

I'd like to get some opinions here.

I've got 80,000 miles on my tranny. I wanna get the Yank 3000 converter, and something to help the shifts out too. I've got Edit, and would like to take out torque management. I was wandering if a complete transgo shift kit and the servos would help me here. Are both really needed? I think a few of you guys recommended not touching the torque management less you've got the heavy duty stuff inside the tranny, but have any of u guys tried taking out the torque managment with just the servos or/and transgo kits? What were the results?

I'm not puttin' much power to the wheels anyways, but it would be cool to hear some chirps outta second gear from the little 4.8.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A TransGo is going to address the inherent problems of the 4L60E without taking it apart. There are a few different servos for the ol' 4L60E. You have three for the intermediate apply (1-2 and 3-2) and two for the OD (3-4).

There's the POS stocker, 'Vette, and a billet for the intermediate and a POS stocker and a billet for OD.

I have no TqMgt at all and a TransGo with both billet servos...tranny's been fine for many of thousands of miles. Probably 22-25K. Granted I am not making a ton of power...

The billet intermediate is really going to firm up the 1-2 shift...to counter that a bit you could simply drill the 1-2 shift feed hole in the seperator plate a lil bit smaller. I think I may fart around with that some here to see how it effects me. I'm also going to toss a few check ***** here (one for reverse, to the 3-4 pack, input shaft, and block the 4th accumulator) soon too so I'll post up how that works out.

I'd get the TransGo in there and that 'Vette servo for sure and the billet OD one. The billet aluminum OD one increases 4th gear holding capacity by ~50% from what I recall. Great for towing and high speed driving.