Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Trans go or B&M Trans pak

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The billet servos are easy ... as long as you drop the Y-pipe and make sure you get things in the right order and the right way. They come with instructions .. just follow them.

Am I wrong in assumiing you were saying that you can ALMOST bark the 2-3 shift? If it was the 1-2 shift, that you can ALMOST bark, then that is just right. That's exactly how you want the shifts. Nice, firm, quick, but not to harsh.

The converter will loosen the shifts a little, but not as much as it may sound like. I've got all the small feed holes drilled in the seperator plate, and the bilet servos. If I weren't pushing so much power through it, it would have some stout shifts, but the power tones them down. If for some reason I ever have to drop the valve body I will be drilling out the feed holes a little more.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Exclamation transgo

yeah i did that myself and it works great kinda got a lil slip last night but not worried yet we will see what happens... but just ordered the servos when they come in i will install them and see what happens do you notice it right away???
Old 04-07-2004, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Exclamation

on my seperator plate exactly how much can i drill??? i only went with what drill bits they gave me so you guys let me know this stuff
Old 04-07-2004, 02:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Flyer
The billet servos are easy ... as long as you drop the Y-pipe and make sure you get things in the right order and the right way. They come with instructions .. just follow them.

CHOP

The converter will loosen the shifts a little, but not as much as it may sound like. I've got all the small feed holes drilled in the seperator plate, and the bilet servos. If I weren't pushing so much power through it, it would have some stout shifts, but the power tones them down. If for some reason I ever have to drop the valve body I will be drilling out the feed holes a little more.
See my y-pipe would have still been in the way as I still have bricks...er...manifolds on my truck. I was SOL at that point. I haven't had a vehicle with a big stall in YEARS but I recall the shifts being softer at low throttle and firmer once the stall speed was achieved. And firm at WOT shifts.

Originally Posted by gnewcs/sierra
yeah i did that myself and it works great kinda got a lil slip last night but not worried yet we will see what happens... but just ordered the servos when they come in i will install them and see what happens do you notice it right away???
Oh yeah, you'll notice the difference instantly. It's very noticable. I'd toss the 1-2 accumulator washers once you get the billet intermediate installed to keep the shifts feeling the same. Just go by the paper work for the stock converter. ~.082 1-2; ~.093 2-3; ~.082 3-4. Once you get a larger converter try out the shifts as they are and drill the 3 shift feel feed holes larger if you deem you require firmer shifts...
Old 04-07-2004, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

spacers in the accumulator.... ok one guys says leave one and another says take them out what does every one think... i already have two in it
Old 04-07-2004, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

With the billet servos, I would take them both out.

Who said leave one?
Old 04-07-2004, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Exclamation spacers

guys around here in my area so its no big deal... but you think i should leave the two spacers out!!!????
Old 04-07-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gnewcs/sierra
guys around here in my area so its no big deal... but you think i should leave the two spacers out!!!????

Take them out hands down. The 1-2 shifts will be so annoyingly harsh otherwise. I had one in there with the billets and pulled it within a week, MUCH nicer shifts w/o it. They were annoying to me...
Old 04-07-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Would you consider it a big deal when the tranny goes ?

There are 2 very weak spots when it comes to slamming **** around and shock loads that I can think of right off hand. One would be the steel input shaft in the aluminum drum, the other would be the reaction shell. The welds on it are almost paper then.

Bust the input shaft up and your done .. call the tow truck, break the reaction shell, if your lucky you would prolly have 1st and 3rd, but thats it.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Flyer
Would you consider it a big deal when the tranny goes ?

There are 2 very weak spots when it comes to slamming **** around and shock loads that I can think of right off hand. One would be the steel input shaft in the aluminum drum, the other would be the reaction shell. The welds on it are almost paper then.

Bust the input shaft up and your done .. call the tow truck, break the reaction shell, if your lucky you would prolly have 1st and 3rd, but thats it.

It's all true, the OE internals are about as strong as glass.

Quick Reply: Trans go or B&M Trans pak