Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Truck boggs down and whats to shut off

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:05 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It would be wise to solve this problem BEFORE you install the Maggie, or you may create a new compound problem. If it's fuel delivery, and you add boost.....
Old 03-26-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds as if you have something connected incorrectly.

1. Check your coolant temp sensor in the front of the drivers side head to make sure it is securely plugged in. I have accidentally bumped it and loosened it, causing the symptoms you mention.
2. check your MAF and MAF plug for a secure connection, and that the MAF is tightly in the intake tube.

Is the CAI oiled? you could have somehow gotten it on the maf sensor if it is over oiled, and it is going haywire.
How are your spark plug hole threads? The last owner of mine graced me with crossthreaded/stripped threads in the #5, and it leaked compression, and acted like you are mentioning. (I found out after removing the plug, and seeing material all over it ) and it acted up like you are saying too.

Ive ran my truck for months with no tune on a CAI, LT's, ORY, 1.85 rockers. and had no problems, except for what I mentioned above.
I do bog a little now, because of the heads/cam and still un-tuned, but it works itself out.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

i will check all those things. I know plug number 7 when it was removed (im the second owner of the truck) the fist thread or 2 were mangled but the rest was ok. i replaced the plug but no problem until 2 weeks later going to check the MAF and plugs again. The CAI is new and was oily if its the MAF how do i clean that off.

Originally Posted by Modern_Muscle
It sounds as if you have something connected incorrectly.

1. Check your coolant temp sensor in the front of the drivers side head to make sure it is securely plugged in. I have accidentally bumped it and loosened it, causing the symptoms you mention.
2. check your MAF and MAF plug for a secure connection, and that the MAF is tightly in the intake tube.

Is the CAI oiled? you could have somehow gotten it on the maf sensor if it is over oiled, and it is going haywire.
How are your spark plug hole threads? The last owner of mine graced me with crossthreaded/stripped threads in the #5, and it leaked compression, and acted like you are mentioning. (I found out after removing the plug, and seeing material all over it ) and it acted up like you are saying too.

Ive ran my truck for months with no tune on a CAI, LT's, ORY, 1.85 rockers. and had no problems, except for what I mentioned above.
I do bog a little now, because of the heads/cam and still un-tuned, but it works itself out.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

ok the first thing i checke was the temp sensor and holy hell it was almost off. I plugged it back in hopefully that did it. I will see tomorrow. Thanks. Im also going to clean the MAF just in case and check the plugs