Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Truck to Fbody injector conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hit Man X - I've been dealing with alot of crap lately(money wise) and my plans are ever changing because of it. One of these days(soon) when things are sorted out I'll get something going.

BTW Stay Puft, I have even bigger injectors now.
Old 11-08-2003, 05:43 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John - No change in the money situation yet?
Old 11-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Originally Posted by BigTex
John - No change in the money situation yet?
PM'ng you now.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Hit Man X - I've been dealing with alot of crap lately(money wise) and my plans are ever changing because of it. One of these days(soon) when things are sorted out I'll get something going.
Ah, well I'd say that almost all of us go through that crap. I've been through it a few times; ups and downs. So just keep on dealing with it how you can and eventaully you will see light.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:33 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job on the write up and good pics. But my question is I wonder why you guys are having to bend the crossover? I have done this conversion twice now with the last time being just last week. Granted, I had the intake off the motor and in my lap while sitting on a creeper seat. I just took out the 4 bolts holding the rails down, raised it up and pulled the stock injectors, plopped in the new ones and then put the rail back on the intake with longer bolts and spacers. I didn't even touch the crossover tube or its connections to the rails. Took about 3 or 4 minutes total. Maybe some of the rails are shaped different or something, but I didn't have to bend anything on the 6 liter or the 5.3. I guess it is similiar to headers-some people just slap 'em on and others (Me) lose about 2 days and 10 pounds of hand skin putting them on.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Adkoonerstrator

L-Eater - I bent the crossover to help keep the longer injectors at the right angle in the injector bungs on the intake. Several guys have done it like you and not had any problems, I was just being safe. Without bending the crossover one side of the injector oring is getting more pressure on it than the other.

If the injectors were straight in the intake bending the crossover wouldn't be an issue but, since there at an angle putting a longer injector in will throw off the alignment some.

Thanks for the props on the write up.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:10 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

I had some issues getting the Orings to seal properly under the 60 psi of the fuel system. Bending the crossover tube is the best way to make sure everything lines up properly.

My ASM headers went in without issues.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:25 PM
single digit dreamer

that is a great write up, we need more stuff like that and a tech section to put them in. maybe i should do one for the tranny conversion.

i also think the rail should be tweeked and the injector put in their natural position, i tried doing it without bending and it just seemed like too much presure on the orings.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check these guys out for injectors and killer connector kits. http://www.mototron.com/products.htm and these guys http://www.racetronix.com/ have some good stuff too, i got their 57#ers. all should be on my doorstep by this weekend.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:49 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Does the mototron connector kit just have 4 of the Bosch style injector pigtails?

Quick Reply: Truck to Fbody injector conversion