Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

TRUE DUAL by MAGNAFLOW

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Moderator / Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRUE DUAL by MAGNAFLOW

Ok guys ... I see it here often enough with no major vendor stepping up. I will make an honest attempt to fullfill this need if the quantities here can justify a production run.

Ok here's the deal...

What do you all want from a true dual?
1.) Single large muffler or Dual smaller mufflers?
2.) MagnaFlow True-X pipe?
3.) Dumps, Exit rear - under the bumper, Exit rear - behind the tires?

I am going to run this by a few of the mods to see how we can handle this and not upset our Site Sponsorship. We at MagnaFlow may just use this input to bring a product to market which should be no problem; however, if we put together a GP I will have to try and work through the LS1tech store or a authorized vendor.

Lets here some comments. As soon as i see some responses I can start to compile pricing.

POST AWAY .. Here's your chance to get something not yet available anywhere else.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 3" custom Y pipe with a single 3' muffler dumped before the axle. This would be an awesome GP.
Oxidizr, has Magnaflow ever looked into making lt headers?
Old 04-11-2005, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oxidizr
Ok guys ... I see it here often enough with no major vendor stepping up. I will make an honest attempt to fullfill this need if the quantities here can justify a production run.

Ok here's the deal...

What do you all want from a true dual?
1.) Single large muffler or Dual smaller mufflers?
2.) MagnaFlow True-X pipe?
3.) Dumps, Exit rear - under the bumper, Exit rear - behind the tires?

I am going to run this by a few of the mods to see how we can handle this and not upset our Site Sponsorship. We at MagnaFlow may just use this input to bring a product to market which should be no problem; however, if we put together a GP I will have to try and work through the LS1tech store or a authorized vendor.

Lets here some comments. As soon as i see some responses I can start to compile pricing.

POST AWAY .. Here's your chance to get something not yet available anywhere else.
Basically My Magnflow project is "Bolt in duals" on my GMC 5.3 Z71. When it is done it will have a 2.5 duals meant for the Silverado SS.
I just bought your magnaflow p#15840
The Dual rear exit catback fdesigned or the Silverado SS. the only mod I had to do was 6.0 manifolds and 6.0l headpipes etc..(all bolt in) No headers for the new truck yet. THe frame and crossmembers are the same as well as the hangers, At least between my 03 and my Buddies 03 SS.

I just took the Catback out of the box it looks great. I myself like the exit out the back. I believe the muffler is the internal x design as well?
I'm going to post when I get it all done.

I would be interested a similiar setup for the Reg Cab trucks. Possibly an adapter pipe to weld into the 5.3 y-pipe spliting it making it a dual. Defenatley for the 4" rear drop too.

I think the 15840 head pipes could be shortened to fit the reg cab wheel base. And for those of us with headers fabrication should n't be bad to connect it to the catback.

My .2
Old 04-11-2005, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like a 3" x-pipe with 3"duals with the highest flowing mufflers available either single or twin with dual 3" tailpipes exiting underneath the rear bumper for my Tahoe.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Id like to see a kit that will be true duals with an x pipe, that will bolt right to the pacesetter headers. I want something that rumbles a little at idle, and sounds nice while accelerating, but quite during cruise. Turndowns would be ok I guess.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:20 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

dual 3" pipes w/cats into 3" inlet/outlet X-pipe into two seperate 3" inlet/outlet mufflers to 3" side exit daul slash tips (double walled)
Old 04-11-2005, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Just got mine finished up. Husker High performance makes a stainless dual 2.5 to single 3.0 with the 6'' on center spacing. Welded on some three bolt flanges, a borla 3'' thru muffler and dumped it out the side in front my pass rear tire and put the stock SS tip back on for style. It looks nice and with the dynatech Lt's its flat out nascar when your on it.

This is not duals but I think you would be able to sell these as a bolt on rather cheaply. Not much material needed. Lightweight. Cheap if done in mild steel.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Moved this to Truck Performance Richard. Not sure if you meant for it to be in appearance or not but it will get a better response here.

As for the kit, sounds like an awesome idea!
Old 04-11-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Dual
3''
X
2 high flow mufflers
Infront of rear tire exit.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

I would be interested in seeing true duals with an x-pipe and 2 mufflers with a rear exit.

Quick Reply: TRUE DUAL by MAGNAFLOW