Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

TSP Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TSP Headers?

Anyone using TSP headers/exhaust system? I would love to look into LTs and full exhaust, but there's just so many options, and it's making my head spin. lol
Old 11-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought TSP sold Pacesetter longtubes.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trackaddictedtundra
I thought TSP sold Pacesetter longtubes.
They do... my bad for not putting that in there, but basically, there's so many different exhaust companies making LT's that it's difficult to choose... does it really make that much of a difference which company I would go with? My application is NA.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Ived done some reseafrch on this myself and it mostly seems to be a matter of preference. A lot of guys are running the Pacesetters and are really happy with them. Other guys are running more exspensive brands and are happy. What I found to be the most intreging was there are also a lot of guys running the "ebay" longtubes and they are all really happy with them. They're the same price as the Pacesetters from TSP, but you get cats and a y pipe with them. That's the direction I will be going when I make the purchase. The biggest difference is that the Pacesetters have a 3" collector and the Ebays have 2.5" collectors.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:18 PM
formerly b4vwannabe (2/4/2012)

Originally Posted by trackaddictedtundra
Ived done some reseafrch on this myself and it mostly seems to be a matter of preference. A lot of guys are running the Pacesetters and are really happy with them. Other guys are running more exspensive brands and are happy. What I found to be the most intreging was there are also a lot of guys running the "ebay" longtubes and they are all really happy with them. They're the same price as the Pacesetters from TSP, but you get cats and a y pipe with them. That's the direction I will be going when I make the purchase. The biggest difference is that the Pacesetters have a 3" collector and the Ebays have 2.5" collectors.

The $300 ebay headers(obx style) that most people run don't have the cats, they have resonators in place of the cats. They look like cats, but are just resonators.
You can get some ebay headers(obx style) for suburbans that include cats but they are about $500.
It really depends on where you live, ie: do you have emissions testing?. If not, just get the $300 headers & have your rear 02 sensors turned off with a tune.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Teching In

My mistake. To the OP, ^ those are the same ones I was talking about I just mistook the resonators for cats.