Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Tune went bad, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Host them on photobucket or something similar. Can you have your technician friend hook up the scanner again? Ask him what the value is for "DynCylAir", or cylinder airmass. Get numbers at idle, mild acceleration, and right before it goes into reduced engine power mode.
ya ill try. i work with him, we work for hyundai, so all our **** is for these korean pieces of crap lol.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

ok i made a photobucket account. what pics are you guys wanting to see? other than the MAF sensor positioning?
Old 07-18-2013, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marineusmc4
i looked at that link that you posted. the mods done to that truck are the same exact mods i have done, with the exception that that cam is a lil bigger/higher lift. and thats getting that truck 100hp more, but i cant get 50hp more? lol from what i have been told my fuel pump/injectors should be sufficient but i will def try to get that info. will that info be on the dyno sheet? this is the first thing ive ever had tuned/dynoed so i dont even know what all is listed on a dyno sheet other than hp and torque with the graph.
I agree with you if your not getting at least an extra 75hp I would be blown away.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

ok i just took these pics while at idle in park. the scanner is a Genisys. i will try and take pics at normal acceleration and at maxed out acceleration right before it goes into reduced engine power mode. if photobucket will let me post vids ill do that

marineusmc4's Library | Photobucket
Old 07-18-2013, 11:54 AM
TECH Regular

off topic of this thread but i installed efans last night that i got from a 05 silverado, for free
Old 07-18-2013, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gamble686
Only 50hp from LTs intake tune and cam?! I won't throw around any more ricer math, but I will just leave this here....
Silverado 100 Horsepower Performance gain on a budget
Of course a bigger cam will give you more peak horsepower. That's a no brainer. That article in the link is a little sparse on specs, but the cam has more duration and a lot more lift than the one the original poster is using. Sort of comparing apples to oranges. The Nelson Performance shop probably used a happy dyno with a lot of tuning to get good results since it appears to be mainly an advertisement for their services. The 50 hp I originally quoted is a solid realistic minimum expected with an average tune on a high mileage truck. I've seen similar mods on 5.3 trucks ranging from 50-75 hp gains. My point was that zero performance gain like the OP got means something is wrong when at least 50 hp should be expected. Let's not argue about what he should have gotten when there are so many variables and factors that come into play. Let's just agree he should have gotten a lot more than he did.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by batboy
Of course a bigger cam will give you more peak horsepower. That's a no brainer. That article in the link is a little sparse on specs, but the cam has more duration and a lot more lift than the one the original poster is using. Sort of comparing apples to oranges. The Nelson Performance shop probably used a happy dyno with a lot of tuning to get good results since it appears to be mainly an advertisement for their services. The 50 hp I originally quoted is a solid realistic minimum expected with an average tune on a high mileage truck. I've seen similar mods on 5.3 trucks ranging from 50-75 hp gains. My point was that zero performance gain like the OP got means something is wrong when at least 50 hp should be expected. Let's not argue about what he should have gotten when there are so many variables and factors that come into play. Let's just agree he should have gotten a lot more than he did.
well said. also, i got a hold of area47, and he is looking at my truck on saturday. thanks for putting me in touch with him.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:13 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I had this same cam in my lq4, made significant power over stock! I tuned it myself!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
I had this same cam in my lq4, made significant power over stock! I tuned it myself!
so more and more its looking like my tuner screwed up and not me lol
Old 07-18-2013, 02:17 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Btw, mine idles around 700 in gear just perfect, never dies... sounds like justune not so good with this one?

Quick Reply: Tune went bad, help!!!