Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Tune went bad, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
If you change the cam advance around a lot you may have to run less timing due to the dcr, however, I would say they arent that closely related at all in the way you are thinking.
gotcha, i misunderstood then. the original tuner said that the cam was causing lack of power. then area47 looked at it and said the timing was way too low. i figured they were related. we shall see tomorrow, the orignal tuner is retuning it for free so hopefully he is wide awake and ready to make some power happen. dont really wanna spend another 350 but if i do i know area47 will get it right
Old 07-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Area47
copy and pasting vehicle to vehicle does not work.
I have been seeing this more often lately. There are a LOT of impostor tuners around now, you really have to do your research about who is messing with your vehicle. Some of these so-called tuners even own their own shops and dynos...its hard to tell these days.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by smokeshow
I have been seeing this more often lately. There are a LOT of impostor tuners around now, you really have to do your research about who is messing with your vehicle. Some of these so-called tuners even own their own shops and dynos...its hard to tell these days.
well the guy that tuned it and is retuning it is supposedly one of the best LS tuners around. ive been trying to keep from putting his name out there for the simpled fact that he is manning up and retuning my truck, but if u look through this thread u will see his name/business listed
Old 07-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by marineusmc4
well the guy that tuned it and is retuning it is supposedly one of the best LS tuners around. ive been trying to keep from putting his name out there for the simpled fact that he is manning up and retuning my truck, but if u look through this thread u will see his name/business listed
You mentioned it. I wasn't replying to you or anyone in particular...just replying in general so that everyone is aware of how easy it is to get a computer and copy and paste numbers. I wouldn't doubt that some of my own work has been copy and pasted, simply due to the fact that it happens too often.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Simple copy and paste as a starting point is okay with me as a baseline to start with however fine tuning and even larger changes must be made for every vehicle and situation. Tuning is more art/skill than simple plug in play. I have been tuning several vehicles for 2 years now and only scratched the surface. Hopefully it was just a bad day.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a shitty situation. I hope you are able to come out of it with a smile and a well running truck
Old 07-25-2013, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

You mentioned it. I wasn't replying to you or anyone in particular...just replying in general so that everyone is aware of how easy it is to get a computer and copy and paste numbers. I wouldn't doubt that some of my own work has been copy and pasted, simply due to the fact that it happens too often.
gotcha. sux that people do that.

Originally Posted by gamble686
Simple copy and paste as a starting point is okay with me as a baseline to start with however fine tuning and even larger changes must be made for every vehicle and situation. Tuning is more art/skill than simple plug in play. I have been tuning several vehicles for 2 years now and only scratched the surface. Hopefully it was just a bad day.
i agree, as a starting point but it def defeats the purpose of a CUSTOM tune. if people didnt want a CUSTOM tune everyone would have a handheld lol

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
This is a shitty situation. I hope you are able to come out of it with a smile and a well running truck
thanks man i appreciate it and so do i we shall see here in a few hours when it gets retuned.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I deal with this almost on a daily basis. Even the big name shops across the nation have people in there with cables and laptops. Some of those calibrations will make you cry and fear for the motor.

Most of the stuff I see is more comical and sad than anything else.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm guessing 348rwhp
Old 07-25-2013, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
i'm guessing 348rwhp
that what u think my truck is gonna make?

Quick Reply: Tune went bad, help!!!