Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

turbo bliss, lots of info and a vid

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 10:39 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good lord!!!!! got the intercooler hooked up and it is nuts!! just plain nuts. i didn't change any tuning at all, just hooked up the intercooler, check out the screen shot below. 10psi still, it is about 5-10deg warmer out tonight than last night too, still cold though.

ran a gtech, 13.0 at 114 with a 2.3 60', rolling into it and haveing to let off still, launching no where near any boost, i can be rolling along at 30 and just light the tires, turbo spools very quickly. i know i shouldn't be counting my chickens before they hatch but i see some 11's on boost only my first trip to the track!! with pump gas!!! you can see how much cooler the iat's are, after warming up it took about a 3 mile cruze to get them back down to where they were before the run.

also have an issue, probably an easy fix, at part throttle under near full boost(easy to do BTW), i get a maf out of range code and the truck goes into reduced power mode, it basicaly goes to idle only. have to shut it off for awhile for it to come back.

here is that log

Old 04-11-2004, 10:44 PM
single digit dreamer

i am not going to push it anymore till i get to the track or dyno, might do some racing but not going to turn it up above 10, probably turn it down a little just to be safe. 1/8th mile track is open next weekend and 1/4 mile the weekend after that or i could just goto the dyno next weekend. i should have my cut out in few days but no 4wd, i need to get that 4wd fixed! Seth!! i need my 4wd!!
Old 04-11-2004, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My GOD what a difference. That thing is gonna scream.

Look on the Engine diag table set in EDIT and increase everything for the ETC limits and the pxxxx code something. That should take care of your reduced power mode thing.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:35 AM
TECH Addict

Welcome to Intercooling
Your MAF went up and degrees advanced looks good now too. I think intercoolers are incredible! You can gain a ton from them --especially in turbo apps.

Flyer, are you talking about ETC in the Rev Limiters box? How does increasing that take care of the reduced power mode? ...just curious
Old 04-12-2004, 02:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

No .. not that .. it's in the Engine Diagnostics > Test Parameters > Calc Airflow is what needs to be changed. While your there, you should prolly up the ETC air limit.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

ahh I see now thanks
Old 04-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great googly moogly.

I thought the MAF was setup on the inlet side of the turbo with this kit. If it is why are your temps changing so much? I could understand if the MAF temp wire was hooked to another sensor on the pressure side.

Looks like things are coming together pretty quick with that kit though.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:34 PM
single digit dreamer

nope, it is after, it is right under the upper rad hose in this pic

Old 04-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is the spanking monkey smilie when you need it.

Does the kit have a check valve to close off the PCV system under boost? Also how were your Ltrims when you first hooked everything up? With the MAF on the pressure side you either pull non metered air in from the inlet side or close the PCV system under boost. How is this kit setup?

Oh yeah, change your sig.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:27 PM
12 Second Club

very exciting.......thought the day would never come, now your already pushing 10psi and you dont even have all the parts yet Turbo=

Quick Reply: turbo bliss, lots of info and a vid