Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Which turbo Setup???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which turbo Setup???

I cant decide if i want to run my turbos under the truck beside the tranny or run there up front where everybody can see I orginally was going to run them under the truck and have a sleeper setup but the more I think of having those two beutys under the hood the more it changes my mind. My motor was supost to be done today but its lookin more like next week then I can start on the turbos. So what do you guys think hidden turbos or under the hood where everybody can see???Here's a piture I made up of the under hood setup.Twinturbos

lator

Justin
Old 09-22-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

do that set up and have one big intake tube coming up the middle of the truck into the tb. i would like to look at the power i got and if you ever had to take them off it would be a ton easier.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:04 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Underhood as soon as you step on it everyone will know you have turbos anyway might as well see the beautys.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Underhood as soon as you step on it everyone will know you have turbos anyway might as well see the beautys.
Thats true!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Under the hood, and that setup would be sick right there. What size turbos did you end up going with? And I must have missed a post somewhere along the way....what's up with your motor?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

theres not a ton of room where the cats sit, plus you will probably have to do a drysump for the oiling since they are below the oil pan. did you start mounting them under the truck, if so post up some picts, i had thoght about it but have never seen it done. I would say under the engine compartment similar to: http://www.bankspower.com/twin-turbo-products.cfm
Old 09-22-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
Under the hood, and that setup would be sick right there. What size turbos did you end up going with? And I must have missed a post somewhere along the way....what's up with your motor?
I ended up goin with twin 60-1 and there good for 550 hp each but my motor started losing oil pressure and that was a main bearing problem. I should have it done about 2 weekends from now but it really just depends on how long the machine shop takes.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by duwem
theres not a ton of room where the cats sit, plus you will probably have to do a drysump for the oiling since they are below the oil pan. did you start mounting them under the truck, if so post up some picts, i had thoght about it but have never seen it done. I would say under the engine compartment similar to: http://www.bankspower.com/twin-turbo-products.cfm
Yeah I already bought a elec. oil pump to pump the oil back to the motor that was like $170 but I may still run them up front. Oh yeah by the way that Banks twin turbo setup is sweat!!!

Last edited by Yellowsierra; 09-22-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

I say fab two holes in the hood and have both turbos stick out halfway. To make it look good, ceramic coat the turbine housing and down pipe, and polish the compressor housing and inlet tube.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put them up front where you can see them and you will have the full effect of the sound. but your under hood temperatures would have to be kept on tap while driving hard and slow lol like you would want to do that. what are you doing with the whipple. pm me with the info on it.

Quick Reply: Which turbo Setup???