Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Turbo setups for the trucks

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turbo setups for the trucks

Is anyone REALLY working on a setup for us? I remember seeing some stuff about kits in the works but, still nothing??

Old 06-04-2003, 05:08 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Turbo setups for the trucks

if they dont have one when i am ready i think i will try and get a set of turbo headers from one of the fbody kits and 2 turbos and an intercooeler from the duramax. make the rest i guess.
Old 06-04-2003, 05:21 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Yeah for a while I was thinking about making a kit but, I just don't have the space right now to do it. I was thinking of a big single(T76 or T88) with a front crossover pipe setup. Electric fans make for alot of space up front to work with. The turbo would be on the passenger side since there is more room over there for a downpipe.(probably be better for 4wd trucks also). I was thinking of putting an intercooler in front of the engine crossmember at an upward angle in between the frame rails. I think the ATI kit may be setup like that but, have never seen the intercooler for it. I'll have to take a look at the Duramax intercooler setup. What's it look like??

Your idea sounds interesting. I think you'd probably have to fab some manifolds up though, maybe logs.

A twin kit would be nice but, alot of extra work to get setup right.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:49 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know it will be a huge project but it seems to me with all that space between the radiator and motor it can be done. i dont know if i want single or twin but i do know i want to size it for 1200+hp, i dont care about a slow spool, i will just run a reversed staged nitrous out of the hole , i want some 9's!!!!
Old 06-04-2003, 08:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think one large turbo with an adjustable wastegate with a huge liquid(ice water)cooled intercooler would be the easiest way to big horepower numbers especially if you are going to spray to.The liquid reservoir could be located in the cab or bed for quick easy refills,build some custom longtube headers running forward,join the two header collectors into a wye turbo manifold in front of the oil pan,pipe the boosted air thru a heatexchanger just before the stock throttlebody location.Run your wastegate under passenger side exhaust header and run a 4" exhaust system just tell everyone it's a Duramax.Fabricate a combination spacer oversize throttlebody adaptor to locate nitrous nozzle or nozzles just behind the throttlebody.I think you could get 800-1000hp depending on boost(12 street 22 track?) like that with a well built engine with forged internals.You would have to do it without a massair sensor(to restrictive)so you might consider a stand alone engine management system.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With 1000hp and 6000lbs Parish8 you might have the heaviest 10second 135mph truck on the planet.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Yes, at the power levels parish is talking about a stand alone computer would be a necessity.

PSJ is going to be testing one that shouldn't cost $3000 like a FAST system(properly setup). Hopefully he will have good news about it.