Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

The VaraRam King Cobra indiuction has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The VaraRam King Cobra indiuction has arrived!

We received our first shipment of the VaraRam King Cobra inductions today!This is the non-ram air that is designed to be mated up to the stock tube that runs to the throttlebody. The full ram air kits were supposed to be shipping to us today but VaraRam is still waiting for a few parts to finish production. I'll be installing this on my Silverado HD later today and will report any mileage and seat of the pants gains towards the end of next week.

VaraRam guarantees that you will see at least aNeon1/2-to1 full second drop off of your 0-60 MPH times over factory stock no matter which GM truck or SUV you have or they will buy the system back. But they go even further, They guarantee that you will gain at least a full ˝ second “OVER ANY OTHER” aftermarket air induction system (0-60) or they will buy the unit back!

VR5B King Cobra induction $239.99

Orders placed over the weekend will be shipping on Monday!
Old 08-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Truck addict

so which vehicle you gonna test it out on for us?
Old 08-13-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'll be putting this on the HD. It will take me a month to go through a full tank of gas with the Suburban
Old 08-13-2004, 03:20 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Get to work Tom, we wanna see some #s hehehe
Old 08-13-2004, 03:58 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Thats right. Quit posting pictures and put that thing on. We need to know!
Old 08-13-2004, 06:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok, last picture!

The King Cobra took about 10 minutes to install with a screw driver. That doesn't include the time that it took me to look through "the pile" to find a factory 8.1 induction so I could pull the stock tube off. I probably could have used the one from "the other induction" that's was on the truck but I wanted to use this how VaraRam designed it -

It would be flipped over if used with the ram air portion of the kit. This would allow air to be rammed into the duct and then forced into the induction. I'll install that when it becomes available.

I'm going to leave the battery discounnected for a little while longer before I head out of here. I'll probably play with it over the weekend and then fill up on Monday to see what kind of mileage I get from that tank.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Default Performance?

Originally Posted by tbyrne
Ok, last picture!

The King Cobra took about 10 minutes to install with a screw driver. That doesn't include the time that it took me to look through "the pile" to find a factory 8.1 induction so I could pull the stock tube off. I probably could have used the one from "the other induction" that's was on the truck but I wanted to use this how VaraRam designed it -

It would be flipped over if used with the ram air portion of the kit. This would allow air to be rammed into the duct and then forced into the induction. I'll install that when it becomes available.

I'm going to leave the battery discounnected for a little while longer before I head out of here. I'll probably play with it over the weekend and then fill up on Monday to see what kind of mileage I get from that tank.

So we wait a week to get some mileage numbers..........what about performance?
Based on the numbers that Vararam published, you should be noticing some major SOTP increase in performance right away...???

raisin
Old 08-14-2004, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

I like the looks of it... different, but, I at least like where it's pulling air from.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Both of my trucks are modified and I'm going from a Volant induction to the VaraRam so my gains won't be as noticeable as they would be if someone pulled off their stock airbox and installed this system. I only drove about 35 miles this weekend so I didn't get to play much. I layed into it once to go around an old lay in a K-car that was doing 45 in a 55 zone (of couse she was in the last lane! ). I did find the truck to be more responsive than it used to be.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Seems like it should be similar gains as the Pro-cold intake. I have heard really good things about the pro-cold, but it costs quite a bit more than the vararam. VaraRam looks interesting to me. I am real curious to see if there will be any real gains over the volant.

Quick Reply: The VaraRam King Cobra indiuction has arrived!