Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Vararam Velocity Stack

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vararam Velocity Stack

Well guys I received my vararam stack that TByrnemotorsports was giving out to the first 5 people. My initial impressions are that if I would have paid 50 bucks for this I would be dissappointed. I am not saying it doesnt work my truck does seem to idle better and it seems a little more torquey down low but its not something that is gonna be really noticeable all the time. As far as gas mileage goes I havent really drove it alot to tell a difference so we will see how that goes. All in all this would be probably be a pretty good mod in conjuction with a cold air kit. The only other thing my truck has done to it is a k&n filter in the stock airbox and stock tubing and this is also on a extended cab truck so its pretty heavy and is hard to tell if power has increased any. Anyways I thought I would post my thoughts on it and hopefully some of the other guys that received them will chime in with their thoughts.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Yeah i wasn't imressed by it at all.hey at least it was free.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

Default was wondering tbynre

Is this vararam velocity stack also part of their new King Cobra ram air kit?

..if it is, is it extra cost or included?

thanx

raisin
Old 07-24-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was sick when I open my box. A piece of c@#p that some injection mold shop bang out for cents on the dollar. The center mark is not even on top dead center like instructions say, Plus not deburred evenly so there are gouges in the bore. And not even round like the Throttle body.
PLease, for $50, I being a CNC machinist, make one of 7075 alum in less than 20 minutes and still be cheaper. And have close to a mirror finish. Thinking about sending it back. Don't think could I bare putting **** poor quality parts on my truck. For $50, that should be of high quality, don't care what does. Still needs to reflect the price.

My recommandation is don't buy, Unless its $5 even then thats a big IF
Yeah I know it was free, But still feel robbed at $8 for shipping. Then again it was free, maybe that explains it.

One thing though is that's pretty cool that a performance store who does stuff like this(giving free stuff).
Old 07-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Launching!

I still havent gotten mine... i wonder where it is? Anyone know the name of TByrnemotorsports on this site. Thanks
Old 07-25-2004, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

You can find Tom here at http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/index.html
Old 07-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Hey Guys,
Seen your post I'm from Canada, I ordered a VR too. By the time I got it, it cost me $94 Canadian! Bigtime ripoff!! I don't have it installed yet, it looks like something out of a $0.25 machine. Live'in learn I guess.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'll admit that the first time most people see this product they will think "that's it!?". I thought the same thing when I pulled the first one out of the box. I asked VaraRam about this. They said that they could have made it out of billet aluminum and charged more but nobody sees what it looks like after putting the induction back on. The plastic version does the same job for less $.

So far a summery from one of the members on the other site has been -

"So it looks you] guys are getting anywhere from .5 to about 1.2 more MPG .... not too bad ... "
Old 07-27-2004, 06:47 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by tbyrne
So far a summery from one of the members on the other site has been -

"So it looks you] guys are getting anywhere from .5 to about 1.2 more MPG .... not too bad ... "
Has anybody used one on an '04?

The throttle body looks different on my '04 than it did on my '02. I sure could use .5-1.2 mpg. I'm getting about 16 right now, if I keep my foot out of it.

If anyone want to get rid of theirs for the shipping cost, just let me know. I'll take it off your hands and try it. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

How much mark up are they using 300% or 500%. If that the case I can get sheet plastic, cut into strips and glue it together, then heat up to form it to shape. Then sell for $50, it will look like crap. The one I got don't even fit in there. due crap quality. there not even a hole for Crankcase Vent.

For $20 and buy some metal sandpaper, polishing compound, JB weld, and borrow your buddies dremal tool. And polish and port it the right way for less. And come out with a sense of pride of a job well done. Instead of being taken to bank.

Quick Reply: Vararam Velocity Stack