Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Vararam Velocity Stack

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nativetexan
Has anybody used one on an '04?

The throttle body looks different on my '04 than it did on my '02. I sure could use .5-1.2 mpg. I'm getting about 16 right now, if I keep my foot out of it.

If anyone want to get rid of theirs for the shipping cost, just let me know. I'll take it off your hands and try it. Thanks.
I too would like to try it. I too would like to know if anyone else wants to give their "free" one up for shipping costs??? Although I doubt it, because then what would they have to bitch about

I say try it first at least before putting it down, its not right to say its junk before you even try it out. Vararam makes quality airboxes and so forth for the F and Y bodies, and remember, it's not an appearance enhancer...."bling, bling"
Old 07-28-2004, 12:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

For $20 and buy some metal sandpaper, polishing compound, JB weld, and borrow your buddies dremal tool. And polish and port it the right way for less. And come out with a sense of pride of a job well done. Instead of being taken to bank.
That job would have to be completed in about 30 minutes to equal $50. of my time. I'd actually like to see somebody make one of these and have it completed by Sunday evening. Who will be the first person to post pictures of one on Monday morning?
Old 07-28-2004, 01:03 AM
Launching!

Got mine today. realized why but thats another story. The install was a pain in the *** with the K&N but im whiny so that doesnt mean much. The low end seemed peppier than before. No HUGE gains by any means but throttle response did seem a tad better. I'll have to wait a half tank to see if it helps the milage. I didnt like the fact that the top dead center mark was off. Although it is possible that it is supposed to be at an odd angle.... maybe. I'm not going to judge the product by its looks....cheapo, but if it does help the milage and freeway onramp distances then all in all it wasnt a bad product. And for all of you that are sayin i wouldnt pay 50 bucks for that pos ... i could build one..blah blah... please build one because i would love to see an aluminum one. And if you charged 50 bucks for it then i think you would outsell Vararam.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

So when you are sitting down and having dinner with your friends and family thats costing a $100/hr? ????? or mowing the lawn

I have shown the piece, to a lot of people. I have yet to find somebody who would pay $50+shipping for for this. I am not saying their other products are bad. I strongly disgree with the price they are charging for them. There not even $5 worth of marterial there.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:40 AM
13 Second Truck Club

My $.02... What we are paying for is the R&D work (know how) that went into the piece along with any fabrication costs, future litigation costs, etc... that come along with doing business here in the States. I'm not complaining, as I am happy to live in a capitalistic society, but enough of that. I haven't looked at the piece, but I can imagine there is not a whole lot there to look at. I see a lot of stuff these days, that is not the way I would like to have it made. I have heard of a time when oil & beer cans were made of steel and I'm sure folks were non too happy when they switched to plastic and aluminum for those.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

So when you are sitting down and having dinner with your friends and family thats costing a $100/hr? ????? or mowing the lawn
I pay someone to cut my lawn because I don't have the time to do it. If I did find the time I'd be rushing through so it wouldn't look that great. I also don't have the time to sit down and eat dinner to often. I may grab something at 10, 11 or midnight (sometimes later at night) but it's rare that I sit down to eat a family meal (seriously). There just isn't enough time in the day so I rather pay for some things or to have them done so it frees me up to do productive things.

Remember, the first time I saw a VaraRam in person I said "that's it!?". So I didn't have the "wow, that's awesome" feeling. The product won't help you beat your buddy at the drags but it does give you some in the low end and helps with mileage a little. A .5MPG gain is worth an extra 19 miles if you have a 38 gallon tank. That's a $4. savings if you get about 10 MPG and pay $2. per gallon. Again, nothing huge but it's something.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Talking velocity stack

Hey badmofo,I have a velocity stack you can have.If you want it, just pay the shipping or even c.o.d. p.m me and let me know.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Teching In

If anyone else would like to get rid of theirs, I'd be interested in trying it.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2002SS3068
If anyone else would like to get rid of theirs, I'd be interested in trying it.
Same here. Let me know. Have a '03 5.3 Burban.