Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Very impressed with Corsa quality

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 03:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a bunch of kroil. I would be willing to ship you a couple cans if you wanna wait that long to put that purdy exhaust on
Old 09-09-2011, 06:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
I liked my Corsa with converters, but without converters it was way too loud for my taste.
Yeah, you're right about that. I run a catless y-pipe, and put a magnaflow muffler in front of the corsa muffler to tone things down.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:44 AM
TECH Regular

Something even better than Kroil. Half ATF half Acetone in a little squirt bottle.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Have always heard nothing but great things about Corsa.

In for final pics and sound clip
Old 09-09-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Love my corsa. Don't worry about welding the tip on, I have about 5k miles on my kit and went to pull the tip and tail pipe off to put on a turndown and I couldn't get the tip off to save my damn life. I'm sure I could have done it after a while but I soaked it with pb blaster and still couldn't get it off so if anyone really wanted it, they'd have to do some work to get it off without cutting it.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Corsa's are the best, big bucks, but really nice, tuned systems for sure. What bolts are giving you a problem Michael, from the y-pipe to the cat back? You've had that y-pipe off so many times it's hard to believe that they're oxidized already Worse case scenario, you could cut the bolts with a hacksaw since I don't think that you have an air chisel where you are. If it's the stock y-pipe and factory hardware, the "bolts" are actually studs that are pressed into the pipe btw...
Old 09-09-2011, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

another thing to consider about the price: I dont know how many different exhaust setups I have had on this truck, way too many to count. Just think, I wanted corsa but didnt want to spend that much on it. I probably could have bought three or four corsa catbacks with what I have spent on exhaust. Next truck, going straight for the corsa and not thinking about it.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by outlawz2004
another thing to consider about the price: I dont know how many different exhaust setups I have had on this truck, way too many to count. Just think, I wanted corsa but didnt want to spend that much on it. I probably could have bought three or four corsa catbacks with what I have spent on exhaust. Next truck, going straight for the corsa and not thinking about it.
Kind of wish I had done this. I just had a performance muffler installed in place of the factory and cut the resonator off my truck. It sounds good inside and out but it has a drone sometimes that is starting to get a little on the old side
Old 09-09-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep. I came to the same conclusion. You want quality you have to pay for it. No regrets.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Kind of wish I had done this. I just had a performance muffler installed in place of the factory and cut the resonator off my truck. It sounds good inside and out but it has a drone sometimes that is starting to get a little on the old side
Weld a resonator back on it. Before the turbo mine droned horribly with a magnaflow. Put a resonator on it and it was gone.

Quick Reply: Very impressed with Corsa quality