Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Vette O2 Sensors..

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what do you need to know?? If you need to know what each color does on the sensor I can get that for you but I cannot see how this other O2 is going to solve your problem. I would most likely say it is in your tune or setup and not the O2.

I have a heads cam blower this that and la da da done to my camaro and still run the stock o2'a as everyone else does no one I have ever heard of uses a different o2 sensor from a vette if anything they are likely the same.

The rear o2s are sometimes deleted using o2 simms but that is it.

The earlier year vehicles for the camaros it is 93 and prior have a non heated o2 and most will convert to a newer o2 which is heated.

Let me know if you need help I can pull the info for the o2's from alldata but I am guessing you are just wasting your time.

Last edited by LJ93Z28GM; 05-19-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LJ93Z28GM
So what do you need to know?? If you need to know what each color does on the sensor I can get that for you but I cannot see how this other O2 is going to solve your problem. I would most likely say it is in your tune or setup and not the O2.

I have a heads cam blower this that and la da da done to my camaro and still run the stock o2'a as everyone else does no one I have ever heard of uses a different o2 sensor from a vette if anything they are likely the same.

The rear o2s are sometimes deleted using o2 simms but that is it.

The earlier year vehicles for the camaros it is 93 and prior have a non heated o2 and most will convert to a newer o2 which is heated.

Let me know if you need help I can pull the info for the o2's from alldata but I am guessing you are just wasting your time.
I have abit over 95000 miles on the truck.. installed Long tubes
PCM threw a code.
Bank 1 O2 sensor not switching fast enough.
From what has been said on here and other boards, is that the Rear O2 sensor s from a vette will switch fast enough to keep up with the PCM..
It's not in the tune..
I have had the tune for quite a while.
I could have just bought some front O2's for a truck, but theres no garuntees..
They could last for 1 month or last for 3 years..
with this I can try, and see if what the F body guys are saying is true..
by splicing into my wire loom, and putting a new pigtail in there.. if It doesnt work then I can convert back..
Lifetime warantee on the O2's as well.

what I need to know is what each wire does..
on the vette connectors they have 4 terminals...
A
B
C
D

what I need is what wires on the vette go into these terminals, and to cross refrence them with our pigtails.
on the trucks you have
TAN/WHT= HO2S LOW
PPL/WHT=HO2S HI
BLK=GROUND
PNK=24V
what pins ont he connectors are these on the vette?
Old 05-21-2006, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1TRUESS
How much were they? i am having trouble with the switching on my bosch stock replacments not switching fast enough. I heard the f-body guys run the rear vette o2s is that what you bought?
yeah sort of..
it's car quest, but made by Bosch.
They ran about $180 for both front O2 sensors.
plus $28 a piece for the vette pigtails..( I bought these so I could just plug them in if needed to be replaced later.)
Old 05-21-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Resident

thunder - i posted a link to a doc that has the wiring diagram in it
Old 05-22-2006, 06:30 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Okie5.3
how the hell did I miss that one?????????

Thanks alot Okie..
that is exactly what I was looking for
Old 05-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

Make sure the universal bosch O2 sensor is the same sensor as yours if you use info from that chart.

Let me know exactly which year vette you ordered the O2's from and which 02's front or rear.

I still have to say you are better off just throwing in a stock set since they will do the job fine and save your time and money if they do not work just return them they have a lifetime warranty as well I assume. It is cheaper and will only be your time to try it.

Also let me know the year of your truck and the O2's that you are playing with front or rear. Just to clarify. I do not want to give you the wrong info.

I switched from single wire to heated 4 wire on my camaro due to longtube since single wire are none heated and are too far down stream to heat up you need heated ones.

Also whatever you do make sure you use proper pigtails and do not cut into the wiring that is part of the O2 sensor itself it is actually measured into the O2 readings changing the length or soldering directly to it will change the values it gives out. You need to get the pigtail corrector from GM or buy a set of O2 extensions from summit and then cut into that that is what I had to do since mine was not plug and play at all.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LJ93Z28GM
Make sure the universal bosch O2 sensor is the same sensor as yours if you use info from that chart.

Let me know exactly which year vette you ordered the O2's from and which 02's front or rear.

I still have to say you are better off just throwing in a stock set since they will do the job fine and save your time and money if they do not work just return them they have a lifetime warranty as well I assume. It is cheaper and will only be your time to try it.

Also let me know the year of your truck and the O2's that you are playing with front or rear. Just to clarify. I do not want to give you the wrong info.

I switched from single wire to heated 4 wire on my camaro due to longtube since single wire are none heated and are too far down stream to heat up you need heated ones.

Also whatever you do make sure you use proper pigtails and do not cut into the wiring that is part of the O2 sensor itself it is actually measured into the O2 readings changing the length or soldering directly to it will change the values it gives out. You need to get the pigtail corrector from GM or buy a set of O2 extensions from summit and then cut into that that is what I had to do since mine was not plug and play at all.
thanks for the info..
the Vette O2's I bought are the rear ones..and it's for an 01 Vette.
and my truck is an 01 as well.

I am trying to put them in the upstream O2 spot on my long tubes...
I bought the pigtails that connect to the Bosch O2 sensors..
I just need to splice them into the wire harness on the truck..
the leads off of the bosch O2's are pretty long about 2-3ft long.
it says to just tie them up which is what I was going to do.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01 Thunder
how the hell did I miss that one?????????

Thanks alot Okie..
that is exactly what I was looking for
no problem.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Been here done this. The sesnor you need is Bosch 13111 it was not plug and play for my 99.

The switch point on the stocker is only good for stock location. It will shift with the long tubes as there only good for stock location. You can verify this with a wideband.

99% of the time its not really even an issue, Unless your headers are not coated. I see this most with the non coated Hooker brand. They disapate to much heat for the stocker to function properly. After much wasted money and research the bosch 13111 was the fix for me and many others.

If your headers are coated I think the stockers should be ok.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

shoot me your email I have both diagrams for you.