Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Vette Servo or Billet Servo and Torque Management?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vette Servo or Billet Servo and Torque Management?

I was thinking about getting a servo for my truck to help shifts. From what I've read, the vette servo only helps the 1-2 shift where as the billet servo helps the 1-2 & the 2-3 shifts and also helps the trans down shift quicker too. But what about the Torque Management? Will it try and soften up the shifts or can't it compensate for the firmer shifts from a servo?
Jim
Old 05-10-2003, 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vette Servo or Billet Servo and Torque Management?

I figure quickening of the shifts will make torque managment much more obvious...that is the reason I am just holding off installing my TransGo w/ servos until I decide to buy LS1Edit. I don't want to drop flat on my face between shifts.

Since you are making more power now I bet TqMgt is pulling some of your power between shifts, hence slowing you down. If you could datalog your truck during runs I'd bet you would see some timing being retarded. Around here shops charge $100-150 to remove TqMgt. I wonder if the Diablo Predator has the ability to removed that?

I would just go with a TransGo and skip both servos if you are concerned with doing just one thing to the trans. Both servos alone would help, but the trans is still going to shift like it is mentally challanged! The TransGo and install should run you about $250 installed. I really liked the TransGo in my old '99 Z71 as it really helped out on the 2-3 overlap and sloppy 3-2 kickdown. Besides it comes with a boost valve, better 1-2 accumulator springs, heavier springs for the intermediate servo, and a few holes are enlarged in the seperator plate to help with 2-4 band release and 3-4 burn up. A very well thought out and nice kit. Also the faster I went, the firmer my shifts got. Part throttle was tight and WOT was great!...not like days of old where the trans shifts hard all the time.

Some insight that may help...