Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Victor Jr. COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 01:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll send you a PM when we are coming down next time.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Going to a .04 gasket is going to get you out of your optimal quench range if the pistons are .008 out of the hole. Im not sure why you are worried so much about low end with a light rcsb and a 4K stall. Like I told you back when you were first putting this thing together these things love big cams. Look at teh dyno graphs on tech for strokers the TQ curve is very nice even for a truck and with added rpm potential you have much better shift recovery as Im sure you know. PM CamKing he can provide with some dyno graphs Im sure. He ground my cam and he has dyno results to back up what Im saying. Due to my results I went with an even bigger cam maybe I will find out it is too big for my setup but I dont think so. Either way that truck is going to move the hell on out even with that "baby" cam. Do ya'll think you will be able to keep it hooked on the track?
Old 01-14-2007, 03:41 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Going to a .04 gasket is going to get you out of your optimal quench range if the pistons are .008 out of the hole. Im not sure why you are worried so much about low end with a light rcsb and a 4K stall. Like I told you back when you were first putting this thing together these things love big cams. Look at teh dyno graphs on tech for strokers the TQ curve is very nice even for a truck and with added rpm potential you have much better shift recovery as Im sure you know. PM CamKing he can provide with some dyno graphs Im sure. He ground my cam and he has dyno results to back up what Im saying. Due to my results I went with an even bigger cam maybe I will find out it is too big for my setup but I dont think so. Either way that truck is going to move the hell on out even with that "baby" cam. Do ya'll think you will be able to keep it hooked on the track?
The pistons are not .008" out of the hole, they are 0 deck. The truck is getting either a ladder bar setup or some other suspension setup and a set of ET drags most likey 28 tall and they will of course be on 15's. I know it could make more peak power, I want more low end because I think its more important to make power down low to get the truck moving quicker. I don't think a bigger cam is gonna pick up that much HP anyways, definetly not worth another $400.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:46 PM

I hear spring clamps are the ****

You might be surprised, alot of guys are making big power over on tech(average too) in some 408s with good heads and the FAST intake(which the vic jr has shown to walk away from up top) with a decent sized cam. Of course dyno racing only does so much. When is it hitting the track next?
Old 01-14-2007, 03:53 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I hear spring clamps are the ****

You might be surprised, alot of guys are making big power over on tech(average too) in some 408s with good heads and the FAST intake(which the vic jr has shown to walk away from up top) with a decent sized cam. Of course dyno racing only does so much. When is it hitting the track next?
Spring clamps = I was kinda thinking of those Slide-a-links.
It's going to the track pretty soon probably. It probably won't have the new tires or heads by then, but will probably have the Ultimate 10 cover, new u-joints, u-joint caps, and saftey loop. I am sure that a bigger cam would help some, but unless it picked up 4 tenths or so, I couldn't justify getting him to spend $400 for that. My obsession with torque is based on what my goals are for the truck as a daily driver and what I am looking for on the 60' times which with new tires and heads and all the other drivetrain stuff listed above I'll be dissapointed if it doesn't get low 1.6's or Ideally 1.5's.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:17 PM

I know somewhere you can get a custom grind cam for 315 to your door if that makes the decision easier later on.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you mind sharing this place with me? Or can they do that with LSK lobes?
Old 01-14-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino79
Spring clamps = I was kinda thinking of those Slide-a-links.
It's going to the track pretty soon probably. It probably won't have the new tires or heads by then, but will probably have the Ultimate 10 cover, new u-joints, u-joint caps, and saftey loop. I am sure that a bigger cam would help some, but unless it picked up 4 tenths or so, I couldn't justify getting him to spend $400 for that. My obsession with torque is based on what my goals are for the truck as a daily driver and what I am looking for on the 60' times which with new tires and heads and all the other drivetrain stuff listed above I'll be dissapointed if it doesn't get low 1.6's or Ideally 1.5's.
If it hooks I see NO problem with 1.6's all day. 1.5's is gonna be a goal on 10bolt and hooking IMO. Fun to see a good racing season ahead!!!
Old 01-14-2007, 04:44 PM
9 Second Club

Well, it went 1.7's on a 3000 converter and no girdle etc. Surley it can touch some 1.5's with some suspension mods and the 4000 converter.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:49 PM

Hopefully he girdle will stiffen it up enough not to shear the ring gear. Parish put alot down on his truck but he was running 4wd of course too. Time will tell, the comp slide-a-links look good. I dont like the cal-tracs due to the noiseyness of them. If you have acess to a welder you could get some heim joints and make your own track bar. PM sent onebadrubi.

Quick Reply: Victor Jr. COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!