Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Volant's owner's response on the loss of hp

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CHP,

Its my understanding from reading other articles (in Ten Magazine for example) that Volant has made these changes for all of their Gen III GM intakes.

That is what I don't like about Volant. Tony seems to have a different story for every customer and every magazine that buys/reviews his product.

Volant has still never answered any of my e-mails, and they tend to be very rude on the telephone, at least the first tier is.

I'm hoping for some good results from the VeraRam, I'm sick of dealing with Volant.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:40 AM
Teching In

DemonSilverado,

I can only add that the new box is significantly bigger than the old box. It is more than just a tube change. I do not know how compatible the new box is with the other lines.

We tested VaraRam's cold air box in Part 3. I don't think you can buy this air box anymore because VaraRam has replaced/modified this box with a new design. We tested this new air box in Part 4.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:46 PM
Launching!

Excelent.

CHP has been my absolute favorite magazine ever since I first picked it up off the shelf almost a year ago.

These types of comparisons and tech articles are exactly the reason. I was hooked from your first manifold test for the LS1's. While I own a truck, and not a Camaro, most of the same parts interchange and produce similar results on the trucks.

I practically quit reading Truckin' and GMHTP. Ya'll do a great job. Keep it up.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was very happy to see any magazine doing actuall performance mods to a truck other than shiny stuff and lowering it. i think trucks should be in more write up's with the camaro now gone. they are the new age rwd machine.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

I have not heard back from Volant yet........

My truck goes up on the dyno very soon, if I have any power loss with the Volant over the stock box and filter, I will post results!

All Volant has to do is work with a few of us on this and it should clear its self up fairly quick.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Launching!

You won't ever hear back from them Gear.

Voalnt's customer service is TERRIBLE.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:53 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I will give them the benefit of doubt that they are totally swamped. If a month goes by and no response then I will agree with that. I think we need to give them a chance to stand by their word.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:57 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by O3GMC
Doesn't make sense to me why a Radix would get better results with the stock airbox and K&N panel fiter supplied with the Radix kit. Are they saying that a panel filter flows better than a cone filter? Obviously the Radix is pulling in more air than a stock n/a truck. The radix tube hooked up to the MAF off of the Volant box just as it would with the stock box...looks like I may be selling my Volant

The stock air box with two three inch holes in the bottom will flow better
Old 10-19-2004, 06:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've found that the stock airbox with the silencers removed works pretty well. using the bottom half of a duramax box would also work nicely.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:56 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
i've found that the stock airbox with the silencers removed works pretty well. using the bottom half of a duramax box would also work nicely.
Yep! The Duramax bottom works GREAT! That is what I used in my last truck....with two 3 inch holes in the bottom.

Quick Reply: Volant's owner's response on the loss of hp