Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Walbro inline

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walbro inline

I just ordered a walbro gls392 255LPH inline fuel pump and also ordered the Earl SS hose and fittings for a clean install from summit in accordance to this thread: https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=363998

I have done a little searching/research and remember seeing a thread where someone stated that Nelson makes a harness with a relay for the fuel pump wiring, but when I called Nelson today, the secretary stated they have no such thing. Any one have any info for wiring this thing in, or do you all just poke around and find out which wires are hot when the key is turned?

- thanks
Edit: Also will I need any tuning before I install this?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:01 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OrlandoFL4.8
I just ordered a walbro gls392 255LPH inline fuel pump and also ordered the Earl SS hose and fittings for a clean install from summit in accordance to this thread: https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=363998

I have done a little searching/research and remember seeing a thread where someone stated that Nelson makes a harness with a relay for the fuel pump wiring, but when I called Nelson today, the secretary stated they have no such thing. Any one have any info for wiring this thing in, or do you all just poke around and find out which wires are hot when the key is turned?

- thanks
Edit: Also will I need any tuning before I install this?
Here is how to do it yourself.
-Get a 30 amp relay from auto parts store.
-Remove curved fender brace near hood hinge on drivers side.
-Remove snapon fuse panel lid.
-Release 2 snaps and slide shell around fuse panel up and set aside.
-Mount relay towards rear of fuse panel.
-Release 2 snaps next to fender and pivot fuse panel up.
-Identify fuel pump relay position and underneath locate the green wire with white stripe. Tap onto this wire and feed it to the coil of new relay and then the secondary side of coil to a good ground.
-First maxifuse position (use a 20amp fuse) feeds the stud near the front. Run wire from this stud to new relay switch and from secondary side of switch to your inline pump. Ground the secondary side of pump to a good ground.

Now the new pump will operate like the factory pump. You will not need any new tuning.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply, sounds pretty complicated but Ill give it a shot.