Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Warning Flex-A-Lite E-Fans

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Just Spoke To FAL...

...after I just did an install on my friends 04 2500 6.0 HD CC 4x4. I was told there have been at least 17 updates to their VSC in recent months.
I went through the fuse thing on my 03. After getting the new fuse setup and going directly to the battery with the major power wires things were running alot cooler. I have a laser temp gun and shot the motors, fuse holder, vsc and the wires and they ran much cooler.
I noticed on this install the lights do not flicker or brown out when the fans come on while sitting in drive, brakes on, high-beams on, and the ac blowing on max.
I have not minded going through this too much but I have not been stranded in the desert with no cell phone late for work either.

I told them of all the trashing they get here and they are aware of it. I also told him we know they are good to replace things but it does not help how we feel when we are sitting on the side of the road.

I believe as things are now, with a good battery hook up and firm connections on the stay-kon push ons, it will be OK.
This will be their last shot for me.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I had the updated fuse and VSC. Weird thing is, it never blew the fuse.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Teching In

I have been running FAL "Monster Fans" (ment for a 6.0/8.1) on my 5.3 w/ 180* stat.
I have had no problems.
I just got HPT, and am going to run e-fans through HPT. Trans is tuned, spark & fuel coming soon.
It's bad when you have a Dyno, and don't even have your own stuff tuned

BTW I gained 11WHP and about 2mpg after fan install.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chrisxotic
BTW I gained 11WHP and about 2mpg after fan install.
WOW....those are some impressive numbers. I have my LS1 fans, harness, and tune reflash on order. I'm debating buying a 130a alt soon too...

As for the the mounting of the LS1 fans...what did you all use and does anyone have pics of what they used and HOW/WHERE they mounted them?

wish me luck...
Old 07-08-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok guys, said I'd keep ya'll in the loop so here goes. Dropped the truck off at the dealership this morning, mind you how much I've done to this truck, plus on the way there this morning, I rolled over my 36,000 mile factory warranty. Well, lucky me, the guy I made the appointment with is a gearhead too. Told him the prob, said don't worry about it, they'd fix it. So, get a call just a few minutes ago, said it was the A/C cycling switch. He said it was a common problem in these trucks. This could have explained for the surging at low RPM's with the A/C on. I'm now also starting to wonder if the switch caused the fans to burn up or the other way around. lol. I go pick it up shortly, let ya know if its all good or not.