Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 02:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive always heard and thought i knew that the dealership had to prove its what damaged the warranty, but then, i also hear that from the cat up, u cant modify it. internals, all of that.

personally i dont give a ****. lol, bitch is BEYOND warranty now.

has anyone ever read that fine print???

-jared
Old 12-30-2006, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

I worked at the dealer for 15 years most techs dont care abought fixing cars or trucks that have mods they need the money just like everone. But dont ever go in with an bad attude they will stick it to ya. If you replace the heads and the valve spring breaks and puts a valve in the piston you now the rest of the story not going cover it.Etc. A good trans guy will know there is a shift kit in the trans for sure. If you ever have a trans problem ask to talk to the tech (Bring A Coffee)LOL . Tell him what you have he is your new best friend. The law is very vague and very hard for you to get around . If they say no take it to another dealer but it has to be out of the district reps area.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

My dads friend is a service guy for the Chevy dealership, they voided the warranty for the motor ticking on a nbs truck bc of the wheels. The guy had like 24s on it. I wouldve done bc it looked horrible but sitll.

Something he taught me though, the service guy is your friend, dont **** him off. When you go in for normal stuff or just to visit, get on the mechanics good side. Make him your best friend and ASK for him to work on it when you take it in.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:20 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shadowamker
Something he taught me though, the service guy is your friend, dont **** him off. When you go in for normal stuff or just to visit, get on the mechanics good side. Make him your best friend and ASK for him to work on it when you take it in.
And this is the biggest truth. Get to know your service writers personally. Like I said earlie, my dealership takes care of me. I get Mobil 1 oil changes for the cost of the oil, and my warranty is honored, even with my mods.