Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Well I figured out what my fuel pump problem is

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Well I figured out what my fuel pump problem is

All the wiring I did was fine but the little plug on the top of the fuel bucket is toast. I dont have any idea how it got messed up since I didnt mess with it when I did the fuel pump install other then unplugging the plug from the outside. Here is a pic of the POS connector that goes in the top of the fuel bucket

I bypassed that plug to test the pump and it works just fine when I turn the key, hopefully I can buy just hte plug by itself

For those that ever need to remove the bed by theirself and have a engine hoist here is how I do it

I put some rags on the bumper so the back of the bed doesnt get scratched when I lift the bed off

works well

Im about ready for everything to work the way it should.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I Feel your pain man!!!
The Fuel Level Sending unit i got come with one of them connectors...
Im sure you can find somebody to get you a PN..
Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats slicker then snot on a doorknob right there... I like that MUCH better than dropping the tank.
Good job bro!

Bill

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
For those that ever need to remove the bed by theirself and have a engine hoist here is how I do it

I put some rags on the bumper so the back of the bed doesnt get scratched when I lift the bed off
Old 07-25-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is that your original bucket Cody? When I replaced my pump with a 255, I decided to replace everything while I had it apart. I went and purchasd a new replacement pump just for the new bucket and sending unit. The new stock replacement unit came with a different style plug and a new wiring harness to connect to it. Apparently GM had some problems with the original connection from what I found out. That is why the new pumps come with a different plug set up. Just thought I would mention that to you.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:32 PM

Yes thats my original stuff. Ill find out what the deal is in the morning when I go to the dealership.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to buy the other half of that plug, and it was $64! I think the f body plug is the same as yours, if that helps. I might have one of those, if you need it, let me know. I'll check to make sure tomorrow
Old 07-26-2007, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

you know, that was the exact same problem I had with Matt's truck while he was off playing island boy... his was intermittent, which made it a real PITA. I ended up finding someone with a spare stock fuel pump assembly and used the connector off of it. It might be worth swinging in the back of the service department and asking if they have any junk fuel pump buckets laying around that you can rob that piece off of....
Old 07-26-2007, 08:49 AM

Yeah Im trying to find a stock bucket assembly, the only way I can get that connector from the dealer is to buy the whole assembly which even with my discount is over 500 bucks
Old 07-26-2007, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

screw that, you can get the assembly cheaper from a part store
Old 07-26-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey cody, there is a recall part you can get. 89060640 is the new updated fuel level sensor. It comes with the level sensor and a new connector to go into your fuel pump bucket. Glad you found the problem. The bulletin is
#04-08-49-018E . your parts guy can look that up and get the right one.

Quick Reply: Well I figured out what my fuel pump problem is