Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Westers Tune??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

steal a westers tune
Old 03-20-2005, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

allen will be getting my money any day now for my tune, and thats no fruit cake crap ether so dont start that crap up lol
Old 03-20-2005, 07:23 AM
TECH Resident

Hey Briank I was saying what I heard, So if you are on here just to start a pissing match go back under your rock. I have Allens tune and he has been great to me. I am on my third update and never had a problem. I just got HP so I can tweak my tune cause mine is not locked . He is in Texas and I am in Jersey so it makes it easier. I am sure Lydon has a few problems along the way also, I am sure he has blown up his share of ****. You have his tune so defend him thats fine, but don't bad mouth Allen just cause you are a Westers guy. If I offended you in anyway I apoloigize.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mattrem
Hey Briank I was saying what I heard, So if you are on here just to start a pissing match go back under your rock.
Just pissing to put out the fires, that's all.

I am sure Lydon has a few problems along the way also, I am sure he has blown up his share of ****.
Problems? Sure...blown engines? None that I know of...

You have his tune so defend him thats fine, but don't bad mouth Allen just cause you are a Westers guy.
No one's bad-mouthing anyone. Just trying to put some of the hype to rest. As you recall, the original poster asked about Wester's tuning, and was jumped on from the start. We all tend to defensive about that $400-$500 we've dropped on our tune; we certainly don't want anybody to think we laid down the cash for nothing more than a few 0's and 1's.

If I offended you in anyway I apoloigize.
No offense taken!
Old 03-20-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

What mods do you have done to your truck?
Old 03-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mattrem
What mods do you have done to your truck?
Nothing close to what you've done with yours! It's a daily driver, so I've put off the more radical mods I'd like to do until I have some backup to get me to work when the truck is down. For now, the Wester's tune gets me ahead of 95% of the traffic here.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can say I love my westers tune I am running a 93/100 dual hot tune
Old 03-20-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Ive posted numerous times about my experience with Westers. One recent post went into serious detail. For a stock to bolt on truck Westers di pretty goos work except that tunes took about a month longer than promised. I went with him specifically for my new at the time vortech. His tune was so far off it wasnt drivable. After the truck being down for a couple weeks I believe and me having to hound him I spent another $400 elsewhere so that I could have a drivable truck. Do a search and Im sure you will run across my older post.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Ive posted numerous times about my experience with Westers. One recent post went into serious detail. For a stock to bolt on truck Westers di pretty goos work except that tunes took about a month longer than promised. I went with him specifically for my new at the time vortech. His tune was so far off it wasnt drivable. After the truck being down for a couple weeks I believe and me having to hound him I spent another $400 elsewhere so that I could have a drivable truck. Do a search and Im sure you will run across my older post.
I don't understand...how could he have done "pretty goo[d] work" and yet get a tune that "was so far off it wasnt drivable"?

My experience with Lyndon has been just the opposite: A phone call is all it takes to have a re-tune shipped out if necessary. Are you sure yours didn't get caught up in Customs? We've had a few end up that way, which is why I'm asking.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went with Allen after seeing posts like greentahoes and 02denalis.. I was on the westers bandwagon at once.. but quickly got off once i found the best truck site on the internet (plug for ls1tech.com).. It took me 3 days to get my tune from allen, vs having westers ship it from canada. It cost me 20 bucks everytime i want to get an update (shipping both ways) vs who nows how much to ship to canada.. im sure its more than 10 bucks each way.... Allen also spent time answering questions about other mods that i wasnt even going to get from him.. He has been a great help to me and i would recommend him any day of the week..

Quick Reply: Westers Tune??