Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Westers Tune??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by briank
I don't understand...how could he have done "pretty goo[d] work" and yet get a tune that "was so far off it wasnt drivable"?

My experience with Lyndon has been just the opposite: A phone call is all it takes to have a re-tune shipped out if necessary. Are you sure yours didn't get caught up in Customs? We've had a few end up that way, which is why I'm asking.
If you read a little closer (minus the missing letters ) I said
Originally Posted by greentahoe
For a stock to bolt on truck Westers di pretty goos work
translation: For a stock to bolt on truck Westers did pretty good work. When I put on the supercharger after waiting near 7 weeks for my retuned pcm. I added the blower and 42lb injectors( I called and reminded them 6 times or so after my intial order. They took a month for my first update (converter and something else)
Old 03-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by greentahoe
When I put on the supercharger after waiting near 7 weeks for my retuned pcm. I added the blower and 42lb injectors( I called and reminded them 6 times or so after my intial order. They took a month for my first update (converter and something else)
I missed the blower, my bad.

Sorry that happened to you. Now that Lyndon has some local reps in the U.S. to help with the workload, this chances of you or anyone getting stuck for 7 weeks waiting for a tune is zero. He does a lot of local tuning work, so his US reps can help him out with the U.S. side of the business.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ridnlow
It took me 3 days to get my tune from allen, vs having westers ship it from canada. It cost me 20 bucks everytime i want to get an update (shipping both ways) vs who nows how much to ship to canada.. im sure its more than 10 bucks each way....
Lyndon's U.S. reps can now load and ship tunes from within the country, so no more Customs/shipping delays to and from Canada!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Lyndon doesn't do all of his tunes himself? Briank where are you located? You haven't done anything to your truck but a tune? Mine is my daily driver also I don't have a problem. Modded it up man!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mattrem
Lyndon doesn't do all of his tunes himself?
Lyndon still does the tuning himself (and if you're lucky enough to be in Calgary/Edmonton area, he'll do it on the dyno for you). The U.S. reps have the equipment to read and load the tunes on the customer's vehicle, or on the bench. We can get a tune out to just about anywhere in the U.S. the day the order is received plus 2-3 days' shipping time (or, if the customer wants to pick up the shipping difference, overnight). If local, we can do it the same day.

I'm in Dallas. So little time, so many mods...where to start? Oh, wait...this looks appropriate:
Old 03-20-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

I think the Nelson tunes are pretty good, but I was very happy with my MTI tune. I picked up 35 rwhp from the tune on my VHO.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Go figure, You work for HIM. I see why you are the way you are. Oh wait you aren't a sponsor---------------------------------------->

Well Allen is!

I am done with you.

Nelson Performance support the sponsors!
Old 03-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

he works for westers and is calling nelson hype. i guess that would be allen calling westers hype to. how about that.

nelson is a sponser>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

for a reason. he is real not hype.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Regular

Can Nelson tune L6 trailblazers yet?
Old 03-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mattrem
Go figure, You work for HIM. I see why you are the way you are. Oh wait you aren't a sponsor---------------------------------------->

Well Allen is!

I am done with you.

Nelson Performance support the sponsors!
Your claim, not mine. BTW, last time I checked, I do believe there was a Wester's dealer here who is also a sponsor. So I'm not too sure what your point is.

At any rate, it really doesn't matter, since I'm not here to sell anything. Just here to set the record straight...

Quick Reply: Westers Tune??