Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Westers Tune??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

yes nelson can tune the trailblazer as far as i know.

just because a dealer is a sponser westers is not.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lance, he knows everything. We know the real thing.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Greentahoe, I remember what happened to you. Yeah, that sucked pretty bad, but I think you were a unique case. I haven't heard any other cases like your. And you still didn't blow your motor, did ya ?!? You did get your $$, didn't ya ??
Old 03-21-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Resident

Happy Westers customer here

1st time I had a completely stock truck and the 87/91 tune netted me about 2-3MPG better, and a good seat in the pants feel. I purchased this through Tbyrne (an authorized vendor and dealer), and because it was a group buy, it did take a few weeks, but this I was expecting.

On my most recent updated tune, I had some major changes done. With this, I received my updated PCM within a week of ordering, and the truck started and runs great.

I must say that after readin this thread, I'm disgusted by the bashing that goes on here. There are so many people here with a wealth of information, and it's terrible to see threads about who's dick is bigger.

1. Westers or Nelson Performance. Both are equally good, and know their stuff.

2. Westers may not be a "vendor." But many many vendors here are authorized resellers of Westers Performance Tunes. That argument is weak as far as I'm concerned.

3. There is an advantage for many with Nelson's being in TX. Custom tunes by the man himself are always a good thing.

4. Both Nelson whom I purchased my LS1 fan harness, and Lyndon who I purchased now twice, a custom PCM; have excellent cusotmer service. Both have replied to emails and even phone calls in a very curteous manner.

With that, this thread should just die. It's gone down hill by page 2.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:34 AM
TECH Resident

well brinky is killin westers just for makin a big deal outa nothing, its really out of prefrence...its kinda like chevy and gmc some people like gmc some like chevys, its just all in prefrence....westers locks his stuff for a reason, allen doesnt who cares, im sold on allens because ive met the guy, and very good guy at that....so brinky calm the hell down
Old 03-21-2005, 03:36 AM
TECH Resident

this thread needs to be shut down lol. or someones gotta get banned and it wont be me for once well maybe ILLNALI but hmmm lol
Old 03-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by unredeemed
I must say that after readin this thread, I'm disgusted by the bashing that goes on here. There are so many people here with a wealth of information, and it's terrible to see threads about who's dick is bigger.
Agreed. So much hype, so little substance.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Faze2183
well brinky is killin westers just for makin a big deal outa nothing, its really out of prefrence...
You'll probably want to read the thread from the top...02Denali and friends were making some pretty unsubstantiated claims (which they still haven't backed up). I think it's pretty clear who the voices of reason are here.

If you recall, the original poster wanted to know about Wester's tuning and whether it's got an edge over Nelson's. The thread went quickly downhill from there, as is usually the case here whenever Wester's is mentioned. (My post numbers might be low, but I do a lot of lurking.)

You're absolutely right, it's all a matter of preference. That seems to be lost on some around here.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I havent had a reason in a while to share this with anyone and I know 02Denali has first hand with both Westerns and Nelson as I do. I origianlly got a Westers Tune and like a week after I got it I heard about Nelson. Since they both could be returned for a full refund within 30 days or so I ordered a Nelson rune also. The Wetsers tune had 100% TM removed and I later found out the Nelson tune had 60% TM removed. I gave them both 2 weeks each driving everyday. I didnt get any track or dyno comp but I swear that the Nelson tune was quite a bit stronger measured in SOTP and that was with 60% TM removed against 100%TM removed. So I obvioiusly sent the Westers back. I later got the Transgo and had all the TM removed and it was a whole lot better than before. I dont have a tune by Nelson anymore so Im not biased at all. Lyndon Wester is a really great guy,super nice and very very helpful. His tune was not crappy by any means and I would even tell people to check him out for a tune but the total driveability was better with the tune from Nelson. I wish I would have had a chance to do dyno and 1/4 mile but I couldnt. All the tunes were 93 ocatne "Hot Tunes"! All of the tune I got were for min mods(intake,exhaust, and then later gears and shift kit) once I did the cam and new motor I ended up using neither of those two tuners.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by briank
Lyndon will tune conservatively unless you specifically ask for an aggressive tune. So far, I don't know of any of Lyndon's tunes that have blown an engine. So it's probably a good thing that Lyndon doesn't go all out on tunes for customers who really don't know what they want.

If you could read you would have seen that I never pointed my finger at anyone for the death of my 4.8.

Quick Reply: Westers Tune??