Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Westers Tune??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 07:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
Yeah Hypertech has dyno #'s on their website and ads but theya re a damn lie. There is plenty of dyno 3's from Nelson tunes and some dyno #'s from Westers tune here. Use the search button and youll see. For Westers dyno #'s youll get more at mychevytruck.com. I can only speak for Westers and Nelsons and Fastchip. When I went with the LS1 I went with a Fastchip tune for personal and other reasons. Ive seen people talk **** about Fastchip tunes and it is the best tune I have had even though its on a new motor. Honestly man you will be happy with any custom tune. They are all gonna mke your truck feel a whole lot better. SOme may get a few more hp one time and the other another time.Just dont get a handheld tuner.
This might be a little off topic but I thought that I would still ask. What actually made you go with Fastchip? I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about Fastchip but what did you hear? How was the price of the Fastchip tune compared to price of a Nelson and Westers tune?
Old 03-23-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by leochevy2001
This might be a little off topic but I thought that I would still ask. What actually made you go with Fastchip? I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about Fastchip but what did you hear? How was the price of the Fastchip tune compared to price of a Nelson and Westers tune?
Ive heard some people talk **** about Fastchip not on this site but who cares because Ive seen people talk **** about every tuner out there. The price is the same except for updates and I really dont know how that goes. I started with Hypertech and had it for 5-6 months then tried Westers and Nelson basiclly at the same time and Nelsons tune was superior as far as SOTP and driveability but I didnt do any scientific comaprison. I got 4 or 5 tunes from Nelson as I modded and untill the last one(for a 212/218 cam) they were all perfect. The reason I say untill the last one is there was some things that I and a couple others that have good knowledge of Gen 3's couldnt understand. This was a mail order tune like the others and alot of times they have to be tweaked and I was always aware of that. Basiclly about 20 miles into the tune my motor did go and I never sprayed it. I never blamed anyone for this nor will I. My 4.8 was gone so I picked up a 2002 LS1 with like 9k miles on it. The guy that did my motor and has done other work for me is a personal friend of Ed Wright(Fastchip) and uses him for all his customers(f-bods,trucks,etc...). He talked to him about my setup and Ed had done a few trucks just like mine recently so the next day I had my tune and it was dead on.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Did you get a dyno tune or was it a mail order tune? I know Fastchip is in OK and you frequent OK too, that is why I am asking.