Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Westers Vs. Nelson?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02denali
hey augie you cant go see lyndon? that would be a good thing if you could. i can tell you there are always variables to a driven tune. especially if it is on a dyno.that is where my truck will get its next tweeking im sure.i have seen people find at least 10 more ponies from a on the spot dyno tweeking. road trip.
I wish he was closer, 36 hours one way just to see him

it's only 25 hours to drive to Nelson

I have to get a hold of Lyndon soon though, ordered up a 160 stat and want to get a program to take advantage of the electric fans and shift kit/servo
Old 05-26-2004, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

pretty cool
Old 05-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Banned

a quick answer to the original question.....NEITHER.

get a REAL DYNO TUNE....much better than what either of these vendors offer. i talked to a customer of nelson's today that has a cam in his truck not even a big cam (same thing i had in my old motor) and he said nelson just couldn't get it to idle. and mine idled fine with a small hole in the tb and minor MINOR tuning done by myself. seems that he can't tune a cam if you ask me. either way, get a real tune with your truck and yourself present and save time and make more power.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

thats bs slow. my cam idles perfect. nobody is perfect. so one bad experience and your out.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Banned

well, since i've never talked to you....and you don't as far as i know have the cam i had how is it bs? basically, it's up to the buyer what to go with, but for the BEST results, a mail order tune is not the way to go.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

never talke dto me. yes you did at san antonio raceway.you were sitting in your jeep.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Obviously the best option is going to be a dyno tune. One of the selling points of the Westers AND Nelson is the ability to change the tune for little to no cost as you change your mods.

The same cannot be said for a dyno tune. Personally I plan to take my truck to either Nelson or Lyndon when I'm done with the mod's for an in-house dyno tune. But, to me, thats a waste of time and money until i'm done with my mods.

Personally, sometimes my mods come few and far between, and others they come one after the other as fast as UPS can bring them. The best option out there today that can keep up with my mods consistantly is Westers AND Nelson.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

yay buddy. i am planning on getting mine dyno tuned by nelson this summer. he has tuned plenty of people on a dyno that is in san antonio and is good at it.i think it is an opinion. but even if you get it dyno tuned for peak hp you will still have to drive it and tune to get all the bugs worked out. the dyno is good for wot but there is normal driving and a bunch of tweeks that can be done there as well.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02denali
yay buddy. i am planning on getting mine dyno tuned by nelson this summer. he has tuned plenty of people on a dyno that is in san antonio and is good at it.i think it is an opinion. but even if you get it dyno tuned for peak hp you will still have to drive it and tune to get all the bugs worked out. the dyno is good for wot but there is normal driving and a bunch of tweeks that can be done there as well.

Thats the truth.

In all honesty, I'll proally end up with a Nelson's anyway. Simply because he's alot closer to Oklahoma then Lyndon is. But that will be one of the last if not the last change I make.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by Slowverado
i talked to a customer of nelson's today that has a cam in his truck not even a big cam (same thing i had in my old motor) and he said nelson just couldn't get it to idle
Hey Slow, I'm just going to say it, you're a dumbass!!! I'm always nice to my customers and try to work everything out with them, but I'll make an exception for you! I don't think it matters who you talk to, there's always a debate with you, don't you get tired of acting that way?
You say your buddy's dyno tuning (no offense to him) is the only way to go, how is that? I'll tell you, he impressed you some how and now you're riding his nuts, it doesn't take much to get you to follow something. Next month it will be something different and your sig will change with some new vendor that treated you like a human being and not a troll.
I know exactly what cam and truck you're talking about. I've tuned plenty of cammed engines, and they all idle. One truck out of many won't idle, do you actually think it's my tuning or maybe there's something else going on! We spent hours one day working on that truck and the only way to get it to idle was to fool the iac. I'll still offer to to work on it until it works, but there's only a few things that have to be done in order to get a cammed truck to idle. Then another truck came in that I did a mail order tune on and had a cam twice as big, that truck idled perfect!!! So, go talk **** somewhere else.

Some things will just never change, like you having a slow truck.

I normally wouldn't reply with something like this, but you'll never be my customer and I don't think this post will scare any other potential customers off because we all know you're a dick.

allen

also, don't expect a reply, I'm way too busy to waste more than one post on you.

Quick Reply: Westers Vs. Nelson?