Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Westers Vs. Nelson?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 12:09 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nelson is the best!!! Its the best thing I've done to my truck.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

All I know is that Nelson is hungry for business, and I can tell that he has excellent customer service. Allen has been prompt and thorough with the questions i've asked him so far, and that is why he is going to get my business.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:28 AM
I Like Gold!!!

[QUOTE=FarmTruc]Hey Slow, I'm just going to say it, you're a dumbass!!! I'm always nice to my customers and try to work everything out with them, but I'll make an exception for you! I don't think it matters who you talk to, there's always a debate with you, don't you get tired of acting that way?
You say your buddy's dyno tuning (no offense to him) is the only way to go, how is that? I'll tell you, he impressed you some how and now you're riding his nuts, it doesn't take much to get you to follow something. Next month it will be something different and your sig will change with some new vendor that treated you like a human being and not a troll.
I know exactly what cam and truck you're talking about. I've tuned plenty of cammed engines, and they all idle. One truck out of many won't idle, do you actually think it's my tuning or maybe there's something else going on! We spent hours one day working on that truck and the only way to get it to idle was to fool the iac. I'll still offer to to work on it until it works, but there's only a few things that have to be done in order to get a cammed truck to idle. Then another truck came in that I did a mail order tune on and had a cam twice as big, that truck idled perfect!!! So, go talk **** somewhere else.

Some things will just never change, like you having a slow truck.

I normally wouldn't reply with something like this, but you'll never be my customer and I don't think this post will scare any other potential customers off because we all know you're a dick.

allen

Allen, your ****** funny
Old 05-27-2004, 06:24 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

now that is werd.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:13 AM
Banned

slow truck hahaha, it's faster than your's i'd wager, and it doesn't look like a piece of **** like your's to boot. as far as my buddy's tuning. he's not my buddy, he works for a local shop and he's just plain out the best tuner out there....he dominates you for sure. he could defiantly get a little cam like the one i heard about yesterday to idle. unlike you he's a professional and knows what he's doing. if you can't get that cam to idle you're flat out useless as a tuner....i had the exact same cam and made it idle with minor changes. and i'm not a "tuner" like you. guess i'm better....haha, mail order tunes. it's just funny how you got your feelings all hurt. this is an opinion board, and an opinion thread so buck up chump.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:05 AM
TECH Regular

Slowverado,

Jesus man, the guy is just trying to make a living. Don't insult a guy trying his best to do that. You wouldn't talk that kind of **** to his face, so why not give him the same respect on the internet? The thread wasn't even about 'dyno tuning' in the first place, nobody likes that kind of crap. I know that you might think that you're special because you're a college student, but you aren't!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Back to the point.....

Westers V Nelson

BTW I talked to Allen last night, seems like a good guy. I told i'm i'll end up with one of his PCM's when its all said and done, I just cant justify replacing my Westers at this juncture.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:11 PM
I Like Gold!!!

trust me you will see a big diff between the westers and nelson. Go with the nelson already.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Next Best Thing To A Driven Tune?

I have a predator and will use the real time diagnostics to log what's happening at different driving scenario's. Then submit them to Nelson for an update. He should be able to get me close. I'm sure he keeps records of dyno'd tunes. My truck is pretty common. This way if any of the parameters are way off he can adjust.
Just getting the Wife to sit there and record on paper what's happening while I Hot Rod will be the real test. I may have to get someone else.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:17 PM
11 Second Club

I have had one of the better tuners in San Antonio helping with my tune and it idles like **** and runs rich. We will see what Allen does for me tomorrow, and I will post the results.

Quick Reply: Westers Vs. Nelson?