Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

What did you pay for your Radix or STS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 11:59 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not TRUELY a pissin contest Brian. It's just the usual banter between me and Grippy and now NekidVA.

We all know where we stand and have hashed this same topic over and over before. It's just too much fun

Besides, I had great area under the curve on my first (only time I dyno'd) GT35 dyno. We just didn't know how to tune the meth so the peak #s sucked for how much PSI we ran. Having over 400rwhp from 4krpm to 6700rpm wasn't bad and in all honesty who knows where the #s would have started since I had to start the dyno run so high to keep it form downshifting.

And you never did answer my Radix thread I posted for my buddy. I htink the only one who did was ol' Nekid.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:02 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
And where do you stop on pump gas and have a motor that will live more than 20K?

I guess I'll give the nod to you on that one. The Radix can't be turned up enough to make enough power to hurt the motor..

j/k

Nakid, true that. But then again we are talking about generalzations here and what the avgerage customer will pay. Not special deals. In all honesty I didn't pay $4500 for my kit either. That's just the average deal most people get on the kit.

Grip, LMAO!!! You sai dbilge pump... I got no comback for that one. hahahaha
Old 02-02-2005, 12:02 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chingon
Well I guess we'll see when people start posting up what with all these turbo kits coming out...I'm not bashing the Radix, I just know you'll come back defending the Radix like always so I like to

Not really defending anything...The product does that for itself. My point being....How much boost do you think a motor can take on pump gas? There is no way a stock 4.8/5.3/6.0 if going to take enough boost on pump gas to make big power for an extended amount of time....Turbo or Supercharged.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:04 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
I guess I'll give the nod to you on that one. The Radix can't be turned up enough to make enough power to hurt the motor..

j/k

No, we just know how to set them up so they dont
Old 02-02-2005, 12:05 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by moregrip
Yeah, But where does he mount the bilge pump?

Side note:

Cost should not be an issue when going with any power adder....when it is a question of how much...then I feel you need to wait until you are 100% ready.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:13 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L Z71

j/k

Nakid, true that. But then again we are talking about generalzations here and what the avgerage customer will pay. Not special deals. In all honesty I didn't pay $4500 for my kit either. That's just the average deal most people get on the kit.

Grip, LMAO!!! You sai dbilge pump... I got no comback for that one. hahahaha
Dude, Sunday, I did a hellacious burn out !, the only thing that kept me from wiping out was my driving skills
Old 02-02-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

He could do like some of us and get a whipple. You combine supercharger parasitic loss with the complexity of a turbo kit. That way you always have something to work on in your spare time.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:16 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
He could do like some of us and get a whipple. You combine supercharger parasitic loss with the complexity of a turbo kit. That way you always have something to work on in your spare time.
touche'
Old 02-02-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech

I truly believe that many of the guys here would rather be installing mods than enjoying them...
Old 02-02-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Not really defending anything...The product does that for itself. My point being....How much boost do you think a motor can take on pump gas? There is no way a stock 4.8/5.3/6.0 if going to take enough boost on pump gas to make big power for an extended amount of time....Turbo or Supercharged.

I would think that Intercooled, you can get away with maybe 10 psi for awhile if you are hinting some meth in there on a completely stock motor. But every motor is going to act a little bit differently, so you wont know until you try.

I would prefer turbo. Yes, you can turn it up easy. Yes, it sounds better, yes it's capable of bigger numbers. Plus it drives just like stock when you arent boosting and gets way better gas mileage on the freeway. I haven't spend very much on my whole setup yet, btw. It's still under the price of a new radix or magnacharger kit, even with my fmic, pump and injectors.

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your Radix or STS?