Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

What To Do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What To Do?

Well i am 16 and i got my first truck the otherday.. its a 06 silverado 4x4 automatic, with the baby 4.3 liter in it... Just wondering what will make this engine wake up.. Its only got about 50 miles on it from me puttin around... But any help would be appreciated, without breaking the bank
Old 04-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Also where is the Cts (Coolent tempature sensor), or the Iat (Air tempature sensor)... i am asking becuse i have a module that taps into the factory wires.... I am looking for either of those 2 sensors that only have 2 wires coming for the sensor... so that i can attach the module into the wires. It can Not be a combination of the mass air/ iat sensor, it needs to be seperate.... Once again this is on a 06 silverado 4.3 liter
Old 04-25-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Junkie

A S/C or turbo! I don't think a programmer or tune will be worth it with that motor.
At least replace the air filter with a K&N unit.
My friend has a 03' 4.3L 2wd scsb Silverado. He used a replacement K&N air filter, custom ram air ,and a power tower or Helix TB spacer for his mods.
It actually runs pretty damn good IMO. The ram air made made the most noticeable gains in power and mileage increase.
I don't know what else would be worth spending on for the 4.3L.
Maybe a UD pulley as well. E-fans if it doesn't already have them.
Exhaust may just give you more noise rather than any performance gains.
Is it an auto trans?
If so, a custom tune could help out. Probably not much performance gains to be had from the engine. I could be wrong though. I just would hate to sent you off for a custom tune and not be happy with the gains for the money spent on it. A custom tune however will definately give you more gains than a hand held programmer.

Jim
Old 04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Question

Originally Posted by 06Silverado4x4
Also where is the Cts (Coolent tempature sensor), or the Iat (Air tempature sensor)... i am asking becuse i have a module that taps into the factory wires.... I am looking for either of those 2 sensors that only have 2 wires coming for the sensor... so that i can attach the module into the wires. It can Not be a combination of the mass air/ iat sensor, it needs to be seperate.... Once again this is on a 06 silverado 4.3 liter
I think you should leave that thing alone. Did you buy it off of ebay?
That sensor is not there that you are looking for. That module won't give any gains. Might hurt things more than it's worth.

Jim
Old 04-25-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

Mail order tune, Gears, CAI, vette servo....
Old 04-25-2006, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Default engine help

Volant cold air, one in two out 40 series, throttle body spacer, ported throttle body, underdrive pulley. with these mods i was able to chirp 33" tires and get up and move....other than that buy a new motor
Old 04-25-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GMCproject
Volant cold air, one in two out 40 series, throttle body spacer, ported throttle body, underdrive pulley. with these mods i was able to chirp 33" tires and get up and move....other than that buy a new motor
You didn't specify it chirping the tires from a dead stop or chirping them going from 1st to 2nd gear. I don't see it chirping 33's when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear.
Not without a custom tune or shift kit.
I recommend him staying with the stock air box and just using a K&N replacement air filter. The stock air box gives better low-end torque.
I have the Volant w/ ram air and noticed a loss in low-end torque after the install.

Jim
Old 04-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

I would go with that new mail order setup... It comes with two more pistons and connecting rods. No, a friend of mine had a Sonoma with a bunch of stuff that he wrapped around another truck. I will see what he has and if there are any parts he wants to sell. I think those are still CPFI or whatever thy call it, right. I remember he cut a half moon thing off the throttle blade. I will PM you or post here when I talk to him.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Launching!

sorry I have to say this...but your how old??

and you have a BRAND NEW TRUCK??

When I was 16........ lol

Im going to be the first to say it....and I hope you dont take it the wrong way...
but maybe you should leave it alone for a while...

two reasons....warenty and obviously your driving experience...

If you had an old beater then I would say mod the hell out of it and have fun.... but I think you should give it some time...

again...nothing personal
Old 04-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Teching In

yea i dont take it personal. My parents own private roads and i drive my uncles dump trucks, for his excavating business... No offence taken.... But i do want it faster.... I go for my lisence and from what i can tell it isnt very quick.. i know that its only a 4.3 which isnt big.. I know motors but i just wanted a little edge over my buddies diesel.. Thanks, ray