Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

What do i need to put a 08 intake manifold on my 04 chevy

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah guys but here's the thing...
I'm putting in a new motor with cam and full bolt-ons i don't know what it runs...
but with extremly big cam that i'm goin to use a few peopl said to use this intake or the fast intake... and i don't feel like paying almost a grand for the same thing...
Old 06-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

plus if i want a little more i could alwayz upgrade to the 92 mm tb that fast makes...
Old 06-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

i just ordered the torquerush harness for the intake it should be in in about a week they said...
Old 06-20-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt G6007
i just ordered the torquerush harness for the intake it should be in in about a week they said...
when you look for a t-body i would use the car style. it has been more successful than the truck style with the adapter. i tried them both.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

well for now i'm going to use the truck tb until i turbo it and then i'll use a 92 mm - 105 mm...
Old 06-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Truckshop
when you look for a t-body i would use the car style. it has been more successful than the truck style with the adapter. i tried them both.
But there was a thread awhile back on how they couldn't get the car TB to open all the way on the truck. The car or vette on opens quite a bit faster but that was the doozy in the equation.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wonderer876
But there was a thread awhile back on how they couldn't get the car TB to open all the way on the truck. The car or vette on opens quite a bit faster but that was the doozy in the equation.
this was for the gmt900 trucks. not the gmt800's using the torquerush adapter.
the car t-body works great. and yes it does open faster than the truck. throttle response is much better.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's weird, my truck TB opens just fine with my X-link. I put it atop the intake manifold and snapped the gas pedal down a few times. It was extremely responsive. Maybe I have a new TB type? :dunno:
Old 06-21-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hirdlej
That's weird, my truck TB opens just fine with my X-link. I put it atop the intake manifold and snapped the gas pedal down a few times. It was extremely responsive. Maybe I have a new TB type? :dunno:
the one i had was ported(bought it that way) so it could have been an issue but it works fine on the tbss i got it off of. even put it back on to verify. he had the car style also so i used it and have yet to have a problem with it. doing research i found a few others that had problems with the truck style also. mine would open fine but would go into rep mode at 4500 or so. searching the tbss forums the guys running maggies were having the same problems as well as flaco on here when he first got his put together. it would only act up during high airflow and was blamed on the weaker spring in the throttle body allowing the incoming air to move the blade. that is what was triggering rep.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

one note on stepping up to an even bigger TB on this intake. i noticed sticking my fist down inside the manifold that it seems to be tapered and is a noticeable amount smaller down inside then it is at the throttle body end. not sure a bigger throttle body would do anything being it still has to pass through this smaller section.

Quick Reply: What do i need to put a 08 intake manifold on my 04 chevy