Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

What to get, Electric cut out or just save ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow I thought my post got deleted that was ariginally posted in his header thread guess it got moved here obviously. Im not trying to bash QTP but if you(QTP) are not aware of these problems then you need to know. I would want to know if my customers were having problems with my products. If I had heard that there was good customer service from QTP then I would have bought a QTP but I heard alot to the contrary so I bought a DMH.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:49 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O3GMC
Maybe its just my exhaust setup (lt's, high flow cats, Y pipe, then the dmh e.cutout, then magnaflow muffler - but I've never gained power from having it open, quite the contrary actually. I know some people gain power up top with them but for me my truck becomes one big loud turd when its open. Its awesome for the occasional "scare the crap out of the guy next to you" (or that dog that tried to chase me) - but I'll be pulling mine off soon and selling.

have you tested it open and closed at the track or on a dyno? i have always gained power.

i have also had problems with my qtp cut out. their customer service was great and they got me out another one quickly BUT it just did the same thing as the first one. all the screws came loose and it stoped closing all the way. since then i have taken it apart a few times, cleaned and reasembeled with locktight just to have it come loose again 3 weeks down the road.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
have you tested it open and closed at the track or on a dyno? i have always gained power.
I've always lost a little hp/tq on the dyno and lost a tenth or so at the track. I always thought the more air I try to move w/more boost, cam etc, I would start seeing gains, but no (before the blower it was a complete DOG with it open, now it feels good but not as good as closed). This has to be a fluke, but the last dyno run I made with it open lost SERIOUS power and torque, theres a reason I think that could be, but I'll save that for a thread I'm about to start tomorrow night.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by O3GMC
I've always lost a little hp/tq on the dyno and lost a tenth or so at the track. I always thought the more air I try to move w/more boost, cam etc, I would start seeing gains, but no (before the blower it was a complete DOG with it open, now it feels good but not as good as closed). This has to be a fluke, but the last dyno run I made with it open lost SERIOUS power and torque, theres a reason I think that could be, but I'll save that for a thread I'm about to start tomorrow night.
that's really weird man. Maybe it makes you run rich? I know the C6 corvettes have baffles in the exhaust that open as the rpm's climb, so they get a torque increase from less velocity and a hp increase from higher velocity.