Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

What intakes are everyone runnin?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What intakes are everyone runnin?

I have tried a UPD, didn't like it, got a K&N FIPK2 and like it ALOT better but was wondering if there have been any new advancements since I haven't posted here in quite some time, I also was gonna order a predator, but since I got back here to inquire about intakes learned that I should probably go with a Nelsons over the predator. Any other recommendations, I have been running with my FIPK2 and my magnaflow muffler and need some new power, as it has gotten "slow", ya know, that feeling after you drive with a mod for a while, you know it is still there, but you need to wake it up again
Old 04-16-2004, 01:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious why did you not like your UPD?
Old 04-16-2004, 01:20 AM
14 Second Truck Club

got me the AEM brute force, i'm gonna switch to one of the box intakes for the S/C, Tucson has way to much dust, so i think it would be more beneficial to have more coverage
Old 04-16-2004, 01:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tiburon
Just curious why did you not like your UPD?
I felt the quality was poor, the fit was poor, and the fact that on hot socal days I could see the glue turning back into liquid form really worried me, plus I did not feel much SOTP difference, seems to run better with the FIPK2.

Just my .02c, take it for what it is worth.

I would have really liked to try out the brute force from AEM as they have always made some pretty great stuff for imports I would've been curiosu how well it worked on our fullsizes
Old 04-16-2004, 02:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by onyx
got me the AEM brute force, i'm gonna switch to one of the box intakes for the S/C, Tucson has way to much dust, so i think it would be more beneficial to have more coverage

If I am looking for some performance gain but don;t have the cash to replace a tranny after full removal of TM lie most tuners do is the HPP3 a pretty decent gain or is it crappy? (saw that you had it in your sig)
Old 04-16-2004, 02:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

I like my Volant .. but if I were shopping again I would look at the ProCold .. I don't remember the web site, but The Mexican posted something about it. It looked sweet, but was a little expensive.

Otherwise . .I'd go with Volant.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 03rado
If I am looking for some performance gain but don;t have the cash to replace a tranny after full removal of TM lie most tuners do is the HPP3 a pretty decent gain or is it crappy? (saw that you had it in your sig)

HPP3 doesn't do much. A Predator is better but not worth the cash as you can't resell it.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run the stock airbox and the air has to go through some hunk of shinny metal thing that has stuff inside of it before it can even get to another air restrictive box. All of that then the air goes into my engine. Agghh..it all seems to work okay though
Old 04-16-2004, 04:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

The pro cold website is http://www.prodyno.com . Pro Dyno makes it
Old 04-16-2004, 04:07 AM
Launching!

Dont buy another intake. Go with a nelsons tune. Get like 20 hp rather than 1 or 2 from something like a Volant.

I think K&N is great (dont hate on it just because its a mainstream brand). Even on hot summer days the air around the filter doesn't feel hot at all, and the filter is always rather cool, as is the tube.

Quick Reply: What intakes are everyone runnin?