Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

at what point will i need bigger injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

they are recommending the rockers because that cam is lower than low when talking lift. He was just suggesting to go the easier route and sell the rockers, get a different higher lift cam and do it the easy way, heck you might come out ahead but fine dont listen..
Old 02-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Nobody said they don't make any improvements. They do raise lift, but you have to have headwork done to take advantage of that. You could make it .700" lift and it's not gonna do you any damn good because you've got stock heads. It seems that 862 heads don't need more than .550" of lift in their stock form from what I have read and seen.

And just because a company sells it doesn't mean they work. You have a tornado on that truck, or maybe a superchips programmer? They must work if someone sells it right?
im not sure why you guys think i have a 5.3 even though it says right in my first post that its a 6.0.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by skolman91
they are recommending the rockers because that cam is lower than low when talking lift. He was just suggesting to go the easier route and sell the rockers, get a different higher lift cam and do it the easy way, heck you might come out ahead but fine dont listen..
so a cam is easier to swap than rockers?? and no im not going to listen but thanks anyways this thread is about injectors not rockers i dont know why you people feel the need to keep bringin them up.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont know why you're here if all you are going to do is reject help from people.

a cam swap will see more increase than rockers any day

also, im pretty sure if you get 8.1 injectors, you will need adapters, but im quite not sure
Old 02-11-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by edzo12
so a cam is easier to swap than rockers?? and no im not going to listen but thanks anyways this thread is about injectors not rockers i dont know why you people feel the need to keep bringin them up.
Theres a reason why people keep bringing it up if you dont wanna listen and you know it all dont ask for advice. Maybe we need to go to your thread about running rocker arms to tell you not to run them. https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=456741
Old 02-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 03chevyroyce
i dont know why you're here if all you are going to do is reject help from people.

a cam swap will see more increase than rockers any day

also, im pretty sure if you get 8.1 injectors, you will need adapters, but im quite not sure
No adapters are necessary, unless you're running a flex fuel system (I think).
Old 02-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Teching In

i dont see the reason why not. theres no way that theres more friction going to a full roller rocker. as far as being lighter? that may be true im not sure as i havnt weighed them out. what is the horrible reason i can run them? can some one tell me.

and thank you for the help with the injectors everyone.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

The tips of the of roller rockers where they touch the valve stem are heavier than the stock rockers. The stock rockers are actually really good, surprisingly.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Teching In

The tips of the of roller rockers where they touch the valve stem are heavier than the stock rockers. The stock rockers are actually really good, surprisingly.
well hey i figure there alot easier to swap than the cam is. if there a little bit heavier so be it.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree,I am not a fan of roller rockers,of course unless you go with trickflow heads and get yella terrasor jesel,but thats a different story.

Quick Reply: at what point will i need bigger injectors