Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

What will void my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What will void my warranty?

I've got an '04 with 11,000miles on it. I was wondering what "modifications" could possibly void my truck's warranty? Installing cold-air intake, headers, exhaust?...I don't want to void the warranty just yet, what do you guys think?
Old 01-29-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black_Silverado_5.3
I've got an '04 with 11,000miles on it. I was wondering what "modifications" could possibly void my truck's warranty? Installing cold-air intake, headers, exhaust?...I don't want to void the warranty just yet, what do you guys think?
Any malfucntion caused by your moddification will not get fixed at the dealer. For example, you not loose your warranty on your suspension for doing exhaust work on your truck.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Racing Hemis on the street will void warranty but only if you lose the race. So mod that bitch and keep smokin more Hemis

Like I told you before, I dont think an exhaust will void warranty, I know more guys will chime in with more knowledge about this

SLA
Old 01-29-2005, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tiburon
Any malfucntion caused by your moddification will not get fixed at the dealer. For example, you not loose your warranty on your suspension for doing exhaust work on your truck.

What Tib said
Old 01-29-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

It can depend a lot on the dealer you go to. The dealer has a lot of latitude on warranty decisions and some are more mod friendly than others. Talk to your service manager and try to feel them out. Those mods you mention are pretty basic and may not cause you any warranty concerns. On the other hand if you break the MAF or O2 installing the CAI or headers I would not expect the dealer would come good for it. I would just ask the dealer how they feel about various mods and what their policy is regarding warranty coverages.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default GM Endorses Coras Exhausts

Not that another setup would. The GM blue LOGO box is printed on Corsa's boxes. I believe the new Vette's come with Corsa OE. Not sure though.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

sorry im not much help but you wanna keep that warenty good my truck is a 2003 and its been in 2 times for warenty work and once for a recal and i still have 1 more trip for warenty work even though im over 36,000 now but they still gonna fix it =\ i have cai dual exhuast and superchips handheld tuner and none of that voided my warenty and i have full synthetic motor oil was told that voids it but they didnt care less they jus want the money from gm for warenty repairs
Old 01-29-2005, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Cool... I e-mailed chevrolet asking the same question, haven't got a response back. The dealer that sold me the truck called me about two months ago to ask about its performance...he also asked me if I had any modifications done to it...see back then, I hadn't done anything to it, but now I have...includes are UPD cold-air intake (with an AFE filter), HP-Tuning including complete removal of torque management (hint: SmokinLM7) , Borla exhaust coming soon: 7 days and counting...I think it also depends on the dealer that sold you the vehicle, sometimes they can be complete ******** and void it for any conceivable reason they can find...So I guess I'll check with the dealer, he seemed to be pretty cool about the whole mod thing when I mentioned it to him...I'll keep smokin' hemis or anything that comes my way...Thanks for the feedback I'll keep you posted...In the meantime...give em hell..

SLA
Old 01-29-2005, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

synthetic oil wont void warrenty..
and corsa comes on alot of gm's trucks from the dealer.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:48 AM
11 Second Club

According to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act, it is up to the dealer to PROVE that any modification you did caused a malfunction.

Quick Reply: What will void my warranty?