Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

what would happen with NO REAR SHOCKS

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would happen with NO REAR SHOCKS

like the title says, what would happen if you removed your rear shocks when you went to the track. would the rear end squat more and plant the tires. or just bouncy bounce all the way down the track creating wheel hop. I was in pensacola and watched a car with no power and bad shocks squat like a dragster from a redlight and the rear just stayed in place till the tq leveled out.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by goshawk23
like the title says, what would happen if you removed your rear shocks when you went to the track. would the rear end squat more and plant the tires. or just bouncy bounce all the way down the track creating wheel hop. I was in pensacola and watched a car with no power and bad shocks squat like a dragster from a redlight and the rear just stayed in place till the tq leveled out.
I am pretty sure u would have teh wheel hop like a ****
Old 09-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Truck addict

i am thinking wheel hop too.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:07 PM
IMD
Banned

super wheel hop bouncy bounce.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:53 AM
12 Second Club

nope. it squats john.....

just get you some bad shocks on the back and it wont bounce...
mine have been out for a while and it will squat, and stay there.
just look at my recent vids I posted a while back of me at the 1/8 mile track..
the back end squats, real good
Old 09-26-2004, 05:57 AM
Launching!

Ok, I've got a question along this line. What kind of shocks would be good for the back, something nice and juicy? Or would some adjustable ones work best?
Old 09-26-2004, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

That's what someone needs to offer us truck folks. Ladder bars.

=Dave
Old 09-26-2004, 08:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Everyone says that the QA1 shocks are the best money can buy for a race application. I think a few guys on here have put them on their truck, but I think some slight modifications have to be made, unless they have done us all a favor and added our trucks to their application list. I can tell you for a fact what shocks not to use. I have these Toxic shocks that were recommended to me by the company I bought my drop kit from. These things are stiff as hell and ride rough as hell. I have to get these things off of here! Do a search in the truck forums for QA1 and you should be able to find some helpful info.

Originally Posted by 2003Silvyrado
Ok, I've got a question along this line. What kind of shocks would be good for the back, something nice and juicy? Or would some adjustable ones work best?
Old 09-26-2004, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Racing shocks are too expensive and impractical for a truck's weight. I use Rancho 9000's with an inboard controller. These are intended for trucks and capable of controlling the mass. I have run them at the track through the entire spectrum of adjustment. I get the best launches with the rear shocks on the firmest setting (5) and the front shocks on Zero.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by James B.
Racing shocks are too expensive and impractical for a truck's weight. I use Rancho 9000's with an inboard controller. These are intended for trucks and capable of controlling the mass. I have run them at the track through the entire spectrum of adjustment. I get the best launches with the rear shocks on the firmest setting (5) and the front shocks on Zero.
When you talk to calvert racing, this is the only shock they recomend using, especially with their caltracs.

You might want to look into some adjustable drag shocks for the rear. Put them at a 50/50 for the street, and then soften them up at the track. I think the Rancho shocks are capable of doing this too.

Quick Reply: what would happen with NO REAR SHOCKS