Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

What are your thoughts on through fender side exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Blown 427 LSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
LMAO, yea good point...
ALL in fun bro!

here is the underside pic of my system... which is full 3" mandrel bent stainless from the headers back, with stainless E-cutouts (dougs), and a X pipe... sounded killer on my 5.3, I wonder what it will sound like on my 427??

holy thread jack... sorry julien!!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by usabodyguard
ALL in fun bro!

here is the underside pic of my system... which is full 3" mandrel bent stainless from the headers back, with stainless E-cutouts (dougs), and a X pipe... sounded killer on my 5.3, I wonder what it will sound like on my 427??

holy thread jack... sorry julien!!
Exactly what i was looking to have done. Who did your exhaust?
Old 08-13-2009, 03:32 AM
TECH Resident

back on topic i think lightning style exhaust looks best, i think if i ever get the chance of adding ss cladding, i will have the exhaust pipes coming through the cladding like the lightning has through its skirts. i want 4 inch tips flush with the bedside though so it looks right similar to lightning but with the angle slanted back so they r truly flush with the bed side.
maybe like this:

or similar but without y pipe and run true duals with an x-pipe and two separate cutouts and two separate tips underneath. would prob go with dumps instead of echo tips after considering how much drone thatd prob cause... btw this is as viewed from above

Last edited by Allstar55566; 08-13-2009 at 03:45 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:48 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm gonna do something similar to what your saying about the true duals with X-pipe, cut-outs and a muffler for street Set-up.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1TRUCKGUY
im all about out of the box thinking, but that idea needs put back in and shipped to japan LOL
its cool on the C5R cause its functional. IF an only IF these trucks had cladding similar to the lightning would be the ONLY way i think it would look good
I don't like it on regular Silvys...the panel starts to roll under which gives the tips a downward angle when they are installed low on the panel. I think it would look okay with SS body kit, they straighten out the body a bit, but it still starts to roll under a bit. I think the panel that the pipes come through has to be pretty flat (perpendicular to the ground) to look right.

You could always get a regular body kit with side skirts and do some notching and fiberglass work to get the effect that the Ls have.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm...I'm trying to come up with alternatives and always liked the side exits...prob is with a 5link the track bars are in the way of exiting below the frame. I have another thread started with pix and a clip, wondering what the sound will be like if I just cut-and-dump at the rr axle...I'm def opting for KISS options these days Julien!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Heres a couple pics of my side exit in front of the rear tire, Just showin different options. Sorry not the easiest to see.

Old pic:

Old 08-13-2009, 07:33 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpro
...I'm def opting for KISS options these days Julien!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey...what about the old Vette style running along the rockers? Haven't seen that...cud be pretty cool...R/
Old 08-13-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jules...you have seen my setup....dumps before the bumper. id rock thru fender though....be different.

Quick Reply: What are your thoughts on through fender side exhaust?