Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

What are your thoughts on through fender side exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:10 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EVILGMC
Jules...you have seen my setup....dumps before the bumper. id rock thru fender though....be different.
I think I will be a little different but also want to be tasteful when I do it...fine balancing act.

Are you finally sober? You guys State Kickball champs or what?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I think I will be a little different but also want to be tasteful when I do it...fine balancing act.

Are you finally sober? You guys State Kickball champs or what?
we went out the the HB quarter finals. yeah...sober till monday....flipcup championship! lol
Old 08-14-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D_reks{5.3}
Heres a couple pics of my side exit in front of the rear tire, Just showin different options. Sorry not the easiest to see.
I think this look pretty good! Are those cut outs with the rest out the rr (like the illustration previous page) or is that ur full time set-up?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dhpro
I think this look pretty good! Are those cut outs with the rest out the rr (like the illustration previous page) or is that ur full time set-up?
No cut-outs, thats my full time set up. I have a 14" magnaflow under there. But after my cam swap i want to put an 18" under there and add some cut-outs to it..
Old 08-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Launching!

you know i have seen someone use these tips. not the rectangular ones but the oval 2 pipe ones. it looked alright. he didnt need to worry much about soot though because he didnt have any tune and it was a newer truck with full cats and mufflers. basicly he liked the look but not the sound of the exhaust. i thought about it too... but personally i like people guessing what size pipes i run. so theres absolutely no tips or anything showing. and when i do my twin turbo setup im painting the pipes so it will make it harder to see... hehe... but yea um... just throwing this out...

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...tfamilyid=2148
Old 08-16-2009, 02:26 AM
GFYS and STFU

That is exactly what I want to stay away from! I'm sure it's for some people but just not for me! Too fancy, look at me, bling bling, DUBS SHOW, kinda attention getter.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

yea dude either go threw the fender or under it...stock looking exhaust looks stupid and gay..be diff i say...and if your **** is cammed or somethine like that it wont mattter...and for you ppl who worry about black exhaust on your panels...if its tuned right it wont do that!!! "klugsSS" HPtuning check'em out hahaha
Old 08-16-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kciSS05
yea dude either go threw the fender or under it...stock looking exhaust looks stupid and gay..be diff i say...and if your **** is cammed or somethine like that it wont mattter...and for you ppl who worry about black exhaust on your panels...if its tuned right it wont do that!!! "klugsSS" HPtuning check'em out hahaha
i think they r more worried bout the heat... im sure no one is running around smoking lol. i wouldnt go threw(lol) the panel if it were me, unless u could make it work at least as well as Wade(SRT-10 Ram in vid) did. id go with someone diff for tuning, wheatley is my choice.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:36 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by Allstar55566
i think they r more worried bout the heat... im sure no one is running around smoking lol. i wouldnt go threw(lol) the panel if it were me, unless u could make it work at least as well as Wade(SRT-10 Ram in vid) did. id go with someone diff for tuning, wheatley is my choice.
I'm gonna try to mimic Wade's set-up, but gonna try coming out both sides, probably powder coat the metal plate so that it matches the rest of what I want to do. After everything is done most people won't even see it or notice it because of the color combo. Tuning wise I have a friend who's gonna set me up with a tune and eventually maybe I'll get Justin to do a full tune if/when he comes back out to LA.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:53 AM
TECH Resident

sounds like a plan bro, let us know how it turns out with pics and vids!!

Quick Reply: What are your thoughts on through fender side exhaust?