Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

whats my problem ??? misfire!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats my problem ??? misfire!!

OK For the last two months or so my check engine light has been coming on and off. While the light was on i took it to autozone so that they could tell me what the problem was. They hooked up their little computer gagdet and they told me it was a multiple random misfire (P0300), i think that was the code. Any ways, the light will come on about every two or three weeks and stays on for a day or two then it turns off. Ive checked the spark plugs and the wires and they are fine. I checked them with a ohm meter. I have a wheatley tune for 93 octane, catless, and a bullet muffler, rebuilt tranny with a vig 3200. what could be my problem ??????
Old 05-05-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know how you checked the spark plugs for a possible random missfire? If the plugs have any amount of age on them I'd replace them and maybe the wires to if their old. There's a few possiblitys with a random missfire. I would watch things with a scan tool and see which clyinders show the misfire. Then try rotateing coil packs from the missfireing clyinder to one thats fine to see if the missfire follows inorder to eliminate that possibility.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyazo6
I don't know how you checked the spark plugs for a possible random missfire? If the plugs have any amount of age on them I'd replace them and maybe the wires to if their old. There's a few possiblitys with a random missfire. I would watch things with a scan tool and see which clyinders show the misfire. Then try rotateing coil packs from the missfireing clyinder to one thats fine to see if the missfire follows inorder to eliminate that possibility.
well the plugs and wires are new they have less than 5000 miles on them and i checked both with an ohm meter before i installed them to see if they were good. SCAN TOOL ? where ? how much ?