Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Whats next?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats next?

Ive got an 05, 5.3 ecsb All that Ive done to it is the Borla cat back.

I am trying too keep the warenty, so something like adding a turbo, S/C, or even a cam isnt something that I want to do.

The truck is my daily driver and of course anything to improve MPG is a plus.

Whats the next best mod to do? From the looks of it the stock intake system really isnt all that bad.
I was kind of thinking of some shorty headers but I wanted some opinions first.
Maybe U.D. pullies or possibly some roller rockers...But im not so sure about them since it would probably void just about all of the warenty.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Think I'd do the cold air intake to help it breath easier. if I had seen the inside of the stock exhaust manifolds before I bought shorty headers I never would have bought them. the stock manifolds these days are pretty tubular (Inside). shorty headers aren't much better. Long tube headers would be the way to go if you really want headers. a mail tune or a hand held will gain you some miles per gallon also. I picked up 25+ miles per tank full just by switching to premium over midgrade, Now, thats all I run. If you figure out how many pennies per mile, Premium is the best deal. It cost more to fill up, but you'll go farther.