Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Where can i buy thorley headers? Some1 please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 12:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where can i buy thorley headers? Some1 please!

why do you think they look like shorties? have you seen shorties? they look just like chrome plated stock manifolds, and the thorley tri-y long tubes are longer and the pipes come down and make a bend about 2" below where the stock collector would be.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:43 AM
Teching In

They are definitely long tubes. I had to cut my Y-pipe about 1/2 inch from my cats. Yes I felt a difference. It was hard to tell b/c I took off my Proflash programming at the same time. The Proflash has been dynoed at 23 hp and I couldn't tell a difference b/t just the programmer and just the headers so yes there was a difference. I'd say about the same as the programmer.

BTW I have an 03 truck. Just because a company says it won't work doesn't necessarily mean it won't. It just may take a little work. The headers I got had a port coming off the passenger header. I went to Lowes and got a little plate of 22 guage metal and used the gasket Thorley gives you to make a plate to seal it off. You can cut it with tim snips. This worked great considering there was no way I was going to pay $10 + shipping for the same thing.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are definitely long tubes. I had to cut my Y-pipe about 1/2 inch from my cats. Yes I felt a difference. It was hard to tell b/c I took off my Proflash programming at the same time. The Proflash has been dynoed at 23 hp and I couldn't tell a difference b/t just the programmer and just the headers so yes there was a difference. I'd say about the same as the programmer.

BTW I have an 03 truck. Just because a company says it won't work doesn't necessarily mean it won't. It just may take a little work. The headers I got had a port coming off the passenger header. I went to Lowes and got a little plate of 22 guage metal and used the gasket Thorley gives you to make a plate to seal it off. You can cut it with tim snips. This worked great considering there was no way I was going to pay $10 + shipping for the same thing.
What all does the kit come with? Is it possible to bolt an x pipe up to them and run true duals?

BTW where did u buy yours at? Thanks!
Old 05-01-2003, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt